Blender Game Engine

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

drumfeathers

Blender Game Engine

Post by drumfeathers »

This is my first time on the forums so if I am in the wrong place let me know.

As for a school project I am to make a video game due in February. And I am asking for some help.

I have an idea to make "Units" such as workers go and interact (collect resources) from specific objects. As I have no experience in scripting, which is one thing I plan on learning later on, I am doing as much as I can in the game engines logic bricks. I decided to try to make a path finding actuator for a worker, which worked fairly well just by itself, however there are several problems. One, when I spawn multiple of the same object from another layer, it tracks to the location of the object in the hidden layer. I am sure there is a fix for that, but I can not find it. The other problem is that it needs to track to any objects that is selected. I was thinking of using a follow track or follow path constrain but I don't even know where to begin with spawning a path for it to follow between 2 points. If anyone is willing to help it would be very appreciated. Also if there is a solution completely inside the game engine without scripting any thing in python would be best, but I am willing to learn anything suggested.