Unable to access to different Mode.

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jerry89yang

Unable to access to different Mode.

Post by jerry89yang »

I am a beginner to Blender. As I'm trying to change the mode Blender, I can do so in the beginning. But once I either delete an object, open a new layer, or done other stuff in Blender, my modes automatically disappear and I have no place to gain access to. Where can I reactivate my modes? I'm trying to do some Weight Paint on a mesh, but I only have access to "Object Mode", everything else disappears.

brasshat

Post by brasshat »

Objects are created, selected, and destroyed in object mode. All of the other five modes--edit, sculpt, weight, vertex, and texture--operate on parts of objects. So, if you don't have an object selected, you won't be able to use the other modes. You see all of the modes when you first start up the default scene, because the default cube is selected by default. If you've deleted the selected object, you will have to select a new one to see the other modes. Likewise, if you are in a layer without a selected object, you will not see the other modes. To get the modes back, select an object. If you don't have an object in the scene to select, add one.

ns