Frustrating Animation Problem. Help!

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

coolfield7

Frustrating Animation Problem. Help!

Post by coolfield7 »

Hi, I'm having trouble animating a cube like Andrew Price did in this video: http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/rendering-animations/ When I load my image sequence into Video Editing and I move the green bar over the sequence all there is, is a white screen showing no frames, it's all white! I've looked at other tutorials and done this multiple times but I can't figure out what the problem is.

This is what I'm doing:

1) I insert a key frame, aka press the red button to record the movements. And put the file format to PNG.

2) Move the object and it gets key framed.

3) Make a file in which all the rendered frames go into.

4) Press Animation, and then press stop render when it goes over the frames which are empty. When I check the folder it's full of frames, which are complete, viewable photos.

5) Go into Video Editing, add the sequence and BAM! White screen! What the hell am I doing wrong??

Another thing I did is: I went to Video Editing, loaded the image stripe which is still white, went back into default view, changed the Output to H.264, and rendered it, it made a video file of it but when I try to play it in Windows Media Player this comes up: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or a required codec might not be installed on your computer." I've tried different movie formats but still no luck.

The main thing I'm hung up about is when I load the image strip into the Video Editor why is it white? I think along the way I've forgotten to press one tiny, tiny button which makes a HUGE difference.

I'm new to Blender; just start a week ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!