I need help with 2d animation on blender

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

d3maxed

I need help with 2d animation on blender

Post by d3maxed »

Hi, I'm new to blender. I heard that you can use blender for 2d animation. What i already know is that I can import sketches from gimp to blender.

What I want to do is use it to make cartoons in 2d. I just don't know how to do that; like import backgrounds,characters, how to make them move, how to make the faces change, how to make them walk from scene to scene and stuff.

Is there anybody out there who could help me or send me links to videos to help me make 2d animations.

Or if there's another free program i could use to make 2d animations.

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX »

I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

d3maxed

Post by d3maxed »

I have already looked at some of those videos and they weren't really help full for what I'm looking for. Like in blender I can being in the pictures as planes but its hard to put all the parts together in blender. Then after that I'm not sure how to make them move without rotating everylittle thing. So if there's a video for how to all of it. I would appreciate it.

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX »

in the 4th link video, an armature is used to animate. You should try that, any armature tutorial should be fine.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

homer99

Post by homer99 »