Model disappeared after I came back on for another day or wo

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

VorzWis

Model disappeared after I came back on for another day or wo

Post by VorzWis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:07 pm

So I had a very nice level design that took me quite a while to create and then I get on to blender one day and I discover that the model has been lost and I do not know why. Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. I was doing my work on usb drive.
2. I did save. I am positive.
3. When I came on it showed the my object was in other layer, but I checked and the other layer and no object appeared.
4. I tried alt H. It was not hidden.
5. I did not unplug the usb drive the unsafe way.(possible cause)
----------------------------------
So I need to know what could be the problem and if there is way to get my models back.

brasshat

Post by brasshat » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:22 am

First things I'd try os tp open a new instance of Blender, go to "open recent" under the file men, and try to open the file of the name you saved it under. If you open the file, and do not find your design, then do a search of your USB drive for a file with the same name, but with the file extension "blend1". This is a back up file. Copy the "Blend1" file to the computer desktop, change the extension to "blend", and see if the missing design is there.

ns

stiv

Post by stiv » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:09 pm

The Outliner can be useful for finding things.