Wanna make 3D Cad Software ?????

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cadcrazy

Wanna make 3D Cad Software ?????

Post by cadcrazy »

Hello forum user

This is my first post. m a newbie to the world of programming. I only know c language. I want to develop a 3D CAD software. But i don't know where to start. I have downloaded the source code of blender but its difficult to understand. Is there any help available on how to start programming blender from scratch or may be how to begin 3D CAD software programming(i.e. any website or book).If there's any 3d cad project under development then plz let me know abt this.

your response will be highly appreciated

mchs3d

Post by mchs3d »

Hello cadcrazy,

True, the source code for Blender and other large-scale programs like it can be very confusing to newbies. I understand that you are excited with your newfound knowledge and I see nothing wrong with huge ambitions, however, I must add that this project you want to start is probably way over your head at the moment. The best thing to do is to grow your programming experience, and there's no better way to do that than to get involved with blender! If you'd like to get started and submit some code or other things, just say so and we're more than willing to help you get going! Good luck. :D
"It is the eternal struggle between these two principles — right and wrong — throughout the world."
- Abraham Lincoln

cadcrazy

Post by cadcrazy »

Thank You very much mchs3d

Yes i wanna involve n grow my programming exp. So plz tell me how to start

mchs3d

Post by mchs3d »

This page has everything you need:

http://blender.org/cms/Get_Involved.233.0.html

Also, come join all the official (and non-official, like me ;) ) developers for Blender on the bf-committers mailing list. Sign up here:

http://projects.blender.org/mailman/lis ... committers

Good luck! :D
"It is the eternal struggle between these two principles — right and wrong — throughout the world."
- Abraham Lincoln