Blender 2.43 on Fedora core 6(x86_64)

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mola

Blender 2.43 on Fedora core 6(x86_64)

Post by mola » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:48 am

Hi all ,
I compile bledner 2.43 on fedora core 6(64bit)

compile without blender_player and ffmpeg

Flags

Code: Select all

CCFLAGS = ['-pipe','-fPIC','-funsigned-char','-fno-strict-aliasing','-march=athlon64','-m3dnow']

CPPFLAGS = ['-DXP_UNIX','-pipe','-fPIC','-funsigned-char','-fno-strict-aliasing','-march=athlon64','-m3dnow']
CXXFLAGS = ['-pipe','-fPIC','-funsigned-char','-fno-strict-aliasing','-march=athlon64','-m3dnow']

REL_CFLAGS = ['-O3']
REL_CCFLAGS = ['-O3']
Download :
http://www.c100c.com/fedora/blender-2.43-1.x86_64.rpm

zapparello

Post by zapparello » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:05 pm

How about -DYESIAMSTUPID ? In source/creator/creator.c I see this:

Code: Select all

#ifndef YESIAMSTUPID
	/* temporary: prevent people to make/use 64 bits versions without them knowing it might be
		risky. I don't know for sure yet if we get problems, but I rather not get the burden of
		having to fix all faulty saved 64 bits files (ton) */
	if(sizeof(void *)==8) {
		printf("64 bits compiles will give incorrectly saved .blend files. Do not use it. For testing purposes please remove this line from creator.c\n"); 
		exit(0);
	}
#else
	if(sizeof(void *)==8) {
		printf("64 bits compiles will give incorrectly saved .blend files. Do not use it.\n\n"
       "*** If you continue to run this executable, you really are quite stupid ***\n\n"); 

}

#endif
Have you tried to load any files created by the 32-bit blender, and vice versa - load into the 32-bit blender any files created by the 64-bit blender? It looks like the 64-bit version is plain unsupported right now, alas :-(

mola

I have not problem

Post by mola » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 am

Hi , I don't have any problem to open or save files .
i have problem at "append or link" menu that I open file and save-as it and then no problem with "append or link" , :D

i Marked this code lines .

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:15 am

Why not just wait for the next release, planned in 2 months from now? That will actually be 64-bit safe.

Timothy

aplesch

Post by aplesch » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Timothy wrote:Why not just wait for the next release, planned in 2 months from now? That will actually be 64-bit safe.
That would be great ! In the mean time I figured out a way to run 32bit blender on 64bit linux without a chroot jail. I described it in

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpos ... ostcount=7

That may be helpful to you.

best, Andreas
--
Andreas

zapparello

Post by zapparello » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Timothy wrote:Why not just wait for the next release, planned in 2 months from now? That will actually be 64-bit safe.
Oh, that's pretty cool news.

By the way, is there any way to tell Blender where to look for the .blender and for the plugins directories? I would like to have them as /usr/share/blender/.blender and /usr/share/blender/scripts, is there any variable to pass to scons for this?

In general, it would be good if blender could be compiled so that it would use the standard Unix directory structure. Right now it's impossible to find a precompiled blender package for any of the major distributions, perhaps because it isn't compatible with Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS)?