Panel minimise feature

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

simonharvey

Panel minimise feature

Post by simonharvey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Hello,

After spending a fair amount of time away from blender development (masters, work, dancing, lack of a linux development machine, etc...) II have decided to get back into it again. However this will only be a small feature and not aiming for any large features that take up most of my time (like the ocean simulator/plugin system that I tried earlier!).

I have decided to focus on a feature that I find to be somewhat annoying, this is when a panel is minimised horozontally you only get one character of the active tab being shown which is not descriptive enough.

I have found in code where it is:

Code: Select all

void ui_draw_panel(uiBlock *block)
Which resides in interface_panel.c . However I would like to get into a discussion with somebody to:
1. See whether this is a good feature to improve on; and
2. do some brainstorming to see how best to implement this.

I have decided not to commit myself to coding until I have had an 'online chat' with someone in the blender dev team regarding (even at a superficial level) the two steps mentioned above.

Kind Regards
Simon Harvey

SirDude

Post by SirDude » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm

jump on #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net

simonharvey

Post by simonharvey » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:53 am

SirDude wrote:jump on #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net
Cool

joeri

Post by joeri » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:05 am

I remember this being discussed with Ton.
In my opinion the vertical aligned header(s) could also profit from a good solution for this.

simonharvey

Time

Post by simonharvey » Fri May 04, 2007 11:09 pm

Hello,

Well I thought that I would put this in a post as opposed to just vanishing however I do not have enough time to do blender development. (This is with my things mentioned in the first post).

I am very sorry but I do not want to overload myself (however I will continmue to use blender when I hasve a 3D project that needs to be done).

Kind Regards
Simon Harvey