problem in compilin blender 2.44 using NaN makefiles

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

deepankar

problem in compilin blender 2.44 using NaN makefiles

Post by deepankar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 am

my operating system is linux(mandriva 2006)...i am unable to compile the source code of blender 2.44 usin the NaN makefiles....as per the INSTALL document we have to run 'make' in the /intern directory...but when i do so the followin error comes...

[root@linux34 intern]#make
make: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern'
====> make all in intern/string
make[1]: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string'
====> make all in intern/string/intern
make[2]: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string/intern'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string/intern'
====> make debug in intern/string/intern
make[2]: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string/intern'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string/intern'
libstring.a already installed
libstring.a already installed
STR_HashedString.h already installed
STR_String.h already installed
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/string'
====> make all in intern/ghost
make[1]: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/ghost'
====> make all in intern/ghost/intern
make[2]: Entering directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/ghost/intern'
g++ -c -DUSE_SUMO_SOLID -pipe -fPIC -DNDEBUG -O2 -DMOZ_NOT_NET -I/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender//../lib/linux-glibc2.3.5-i386/string/include -I/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender//../lib/linux-glibc2.3.5-i386/memutil/include -I.. -I/usr/X11R6/include GHOST_ISystem.cpp -o /home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender//obj/linux-glibc2.3.5-i386/intern/ghost/GHOST_ISystem.o
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:112: error: expected `)' before '(' token
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxext.h:407: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxext.h:407: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'GLubyte' with no type
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxext.h:537: error: 'GLenum' has not been declared
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:149: warning: 'glXAllocateMemoryNV' initialized and declared 'extern'
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:149: error: 'GLsizei' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:149: error: 'GLfloat' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:149: error: 'GLfloat' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:149: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:150: warning: 'glXFreeMemoryNV' initialized and declared 'extern'
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:150: error: variable or field 'glXFreeMemoryNV' declared void
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:150: error: 'GLvoid' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:150: error: 'pointer' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:151: error: typedef 'PFNGLXALLOCATEMEMORYNVPROC' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:151: error: 'GLsizei' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:151: error: 'GLfloat' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:151: error: 'GLfloat' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:152: error: typedef 'PFNGLXFREEMEMORYNVPROC' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:152: error: 'GLvoid' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:152: error: 'pointer' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:178: error: 'GLuint' does not name a type
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:181: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'GLuint' with no type
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:181: error: typedef 'GLuint' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:181: error: 'PFNGLXGETMEMORYOFFSETMESAPROC' was not declared in this scope
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:181: error: expected ',' or ';' before '(' token
make[2]: *** [/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender//obj/linux-glibc2.3.5-i386/intern/ghost/GHOST_ISystem.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/ghost/intern'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern/ghost'
make: *** [all] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home1/djs/installers/blender/bf-blender/blender/intern'
D J Senapati

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:49 pm

hi deepankar,

Have you tried building it through scons?

I find scons that much easier then make

seems like you'r missing a header somewhere

greets

deepankar

thanks

Post by deepankar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:11 am

thanks.can u tell me how can i build with scons.it would be really helpful
D J Senapati

stiv

Post by stiv » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:11 pm

.../blender/doc/blender-scons.txt

deepankar

Post by deepankar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:30 am

is it very difficult to compile blender 2.44 with makefiles
D J Senapati

stiv

Post by stiv » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:17 am

Actually, not. Whether you are using scons or make, the basic steps are simple:

1) install the necessary stuff
2) edit config files to match *your* system
3) build it
4) success!

deepankar

Post by deepankar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:17 pm

stiv wrote:Actually, not. Whether you are using scons or make, the basic steps are simple:

1) install the necessary stuff
2) edit config files to match *your* system
3) build it
4) success!
thanks.can u plz suggest me in detail about editing the config files...
D J Senapati

stiv

Post by stiv » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 pm

I don't use the make files so I'm not the one to ask. Basically, you make the needed changes to the section for your platform in source/nan_definitions.mk.

Useful info here:
http://www.blender.org/development/building-blender/

Pick a build system (make and scons are the best supported for linux) and stick with it awhile rather than jumping back and forth between them at the first problem.

deepankar

Post by deepankar » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 am

stiv wrote:I don't use the make files so I'm not the one to ask. Basically, you make the needed changes to the section for your platform in source/nan_definitions.mk.

Useful info here:
http://www.blender.org/development/building-blender/

Pick a build system (make and scons are the best supported for linux) and stick with it awhile rather than jumping back and forth between them at the first problem.

so is scon a better option than make utility..
D J Senapati

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:01 pm

<biased_opinion>yes, of course</biased_opinion>

/Nathan 'mister SCons' Letwory