Named Layer code question

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Post Reply
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:21 am
Location: Miami,Florida

Named Layer code question

Post by ace1 »

Blender needs scrolling panels for future expansion of the layer system in order to maintain a "at a glance" interface.If Blender keeps growing in functionality all the developers are going to need more screen real estate in my opinion.I'm looking at the present panel code to modify it as a test but I have a question.

Does Gimp use OpenGL? The reason I'm asking is that Gimp has scrolling panels and I need some code to look at so as to implemment it Blender.

Looking at the text editor's scrolling bar code in Blender doesn't tell me much.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks :D :D :D

Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:37 pm
Location: University of Minnesota (USA)

Post by SirDude »

No the gimp uses GTK its own gui toolkit.

Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:58 am
Location: 45N 86W

Post by stiv »

You know about moving/dragging panels with the middle mouse button, right? (they are also zoomable)

I personally like that much better than scroll bars and wish more apps used that for moving around in a window.

Post Reply