Muscle system for blender

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

handydan

Post by handydan » Sat May 03, 2008 8:01 pm

I did think about extending bones, however, bones influence based on weight painting, muscles will influence based on volumetrics and you can already use the "stretch-to" bone for rudimentary muscles. thanks anyway though.

Dan

starfingers

Help!

Post by starfingers » Sat May 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Its me again.

Cant quite find my way arround. Im trying to find a place to share ideas for blender upgrades. I stumbled across some very good info on smoke simulation, which could be a real plus for blender. But with no plograming skills its not something i can use, but someone else might. Any idea who i could talk to?

Thanks.

Ps. Thanks for the reply to my last message.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Sat May 10, 2008 3:45 pm

For requests and ideas you might want to check out http://www.blenderstorm.org - that, combined with a good proposal on our wiki may help in communicating your ideas.

/Nathan

AlexTALL

Post by AlexTALL » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm just returning to blender after a couple years' absence and found this topic. I am very interested in a muscle system for blender and was wondering about the status for this project. I tried to follow the links to projects.blender.org, but I received a message that it was an invalid project.

If movement on the project has dried up, I do have programming experience, so I would be happy to try my hand at helping out. If that's the case, anyone know where the code may be hosted?

And if this has been merged with blender's trunk, then just tell me to shut up!
/Alex

Speroangelus

Is this project still in developement or is it dead?

Post by Speroangelus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 am

I think this is an amazing project and I would really like to try to use it.
But the link leads to a discontinued project and I can't find any other site with a link to any of it.
Handydan I hope you haven't given up on it, cause this would be so awesome.
I've seen Paul Clarks Rigg on Youtube and wonder if this is the plugin he used.

Here's a link to the video, could someone maybe help me finding that plugin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFnKjPCbRPw

thx in advance and hi there blenders ;-)

Ok, had another look at the interface in that movie and I'd say that's not blender, my guess is Maya, though someone stated it was blender, pitty.
But I once saw some muscle rigg with blender, just didn't keep the link and can't find it now anymore.

But could anyone tell me if there is a working muscle plugin for blender now?

Thx. again #-)
The past is gone, the future is unknown and the present is a gift, that's why it's called present...
I like the idea ;-)

Mango

Post by Mango » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Any chance of this being updated for Blender 2.5?

SuperAnt

Post by SuperAnt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm interested, and I even had a build environment at one time (Cygwin), but it broke when something changed in the sources, and I haven't gone back to try and revive it.

If anybody builds a Windoze binary, please post it to graphicall or somewhere.