Visual Studio.NET

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

meestaplu

Visual Studio.NET

Post by meestaplu »

Well, I've posted some stuff about writing a new boolean implementation...it would help if I could actually get Blender to compile! :oops: I'm really eager to write some code here.

About fifteen tries, at least, but nothing yet; I can't get Cygwin or gcc to do anything useful under Windows. OK, depending on what you guys say, I'm going to break down and buy a M$ compiler.

1) Since all they sell now is Visual C++.NET, is it possible to compile *easily* using that?

2) Is it possible to compile (again, easily) in Visual C++ 5.0, since that's what exists currently at my high school?

Or should I look for Visual C++ 6 on Ebay?

Thanks,
Matt

AndyDavis

Post by AndyDavis »

Have you tried the free tools build for the tuhopuu branch? Honestly, those work pretty well, and should keep you from having to fork out major green.

That's probably the branch you'll be most interested in anyway as it seems to be more of the new feature playground.

-Andy

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain »

I'm no c/c++ coder... I own visual studio.net and I still can't get it to compile. I know there are efforts in getting project files made but I have had no luck yet...

Pjotr

Post by Pjotr »

I have the same with virtual studio.
It says it can't find some header files. But in the directories to the header fiels are added in the project properties. But something really weird is that it can't find the same headers iwth cywin for me too.

meestaplu

Post by meestaplu »

Thanks a bunch for that advice...I'll nix the Visual Studio idea for now. I'll be downloading tuhopuu tomorrow.

Matt

meestaplu

Post by meestaplu »

Finally:

:D :D :D IT COMPILED! :D :D :D

You guys saved me a few hundred dollars!

Matt

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Congratulations!

So, we'll be expecting these new booleans by tomorrow morning. (j/k :D)