msvc workspace problems

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hannibar

Post by hannibar »

Well, I tried compiling, and had to change more than 20 .dsp files by hand to make them compile everything. But now I've come to the point that this won't work anymore.
The problem is that blender tries to compile the old python implentation, which doesn't work. How can I solve this problem?

BugsB

Post by BugsB »

oops... my winzip at work has "smart CRLF/LF" checked by default, so i thought they fixed the cr/lf thing... nevermind.
about the python stuff:
(python)
what worked for me was to install the source distribution to c:\python22. then from the pcbuild.dsw workspace in the directory pcbuild i built the projects pythoncore, python and _sre. then i copied the results (python22.dll, python.exe and _sre.pyd) into the c:\python22 directory.
(blender intern.dsw workspace)
after that the full rebuild of the build_install_all project worked fine on xp. on win98 se, i had to start freeze.bat from the dos command line manually.
(blender blender.dsw workspace)
after that, i build the blender project from the blender workspace.
et voila: blender.exe in blender\bin.

hannibar

Post by hannibar »

I'm sorry to bug you guys again, but I still have a problem compiling.
(python)
what worked for me was to install the source distribution to c:\python22. then from the pcbuild.dsw workspace in the directory pcbuild i built the projects pythoncore, python and _sre. then i copied the results (python22.dll, python.exe and _sre.pyd) into the c:\python22 directory.
I did this. So far so good
(blender intern.dsw workspace)
after that the full rebuild of the build_install_all project worked fine on xp. on win98 se, i had to start freeze.bat from the dos command line manually.
This failed. Everything worked fine except the python freeze stuff. It showed me the following error.

Code: Select all

Compiling...
dummy.cpp
Linking...
Freezing Blender Python
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "freeze.py", line 85, in ?
    import getopt
  File "C:\PYTHON22\LIB\getopt.py", line 101
    possibilities = [o for o in longopts if o.startswith(opt)]
                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

build_install_all - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
How could I solve this? (And what's the thing you mentioned about starting freeze.bat from command line?)

BugsB

Post by BugsB »

in my last message, i forgot to mention, that i added c:\python22 to my path-variable. this did it at work. i tried it today with python 2.2.3 and it worked fine.
but meanwhile i think, it's better to keep the three compiled python files in the c:\python22\pcbuild directory and add that directory to the path. i did that at home in order to do the freeze manually, what i have to do because visual c doesn't start freeze.bat automatically.
i will be really glad, when we've got rid of that freezing stuff.

hannibar

Post by hannibar »

Ok, here's are the next errors.

I finally managed to get the freezing process started from withing MSVC. It freezes fine, but in the end I get an error anyway :

blahblah
freezing types ...
freezing util ...
freezing util.quat ...
freezing util.vect ...
freezing vrml ...
freezing vrml.basenodes ...
freezing vrml.fieldcoercian ...
freezing vrml.loader ...
freezing vrml.parser ...
freezing vrml.scenegraph ...
generating table of frozen modules
WARNING: extensions_win32.ini can not be found - standard extensions may not be foundNo definition of module zlib in any specified map file.
Warning: unknown modules remain: zlib
--------------------Configuration: build_install_all - Win32 Release--------------------

build_install_all - 0 error(s), 2 warning(s)
The next error I have is the following. I did a search on the forum, and found out that this error could be solved by installing the service pack. I did this, but I get the error anyway!!!

--------------------Configuration: KX_converter - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
BL_ActionActuator.cpp
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : error C2675: unary '!' : 'class GEN_HashedPtr' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'void **__thiscall GEN_Map<class GEN_HashedPtr,void *>::operator [](class GEN_HashedPtr) '
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'void **__thiscall GEN_Map<class GEN_HashedPtr,void *>::operator [](class GEN_HashedPtr) '
BL_BlenderDataConversion.cpp
C:\Documents and Settings\Hans Packet\Mijn documenten\Mijn Spullen\BlenderSource\bf-blender\blender\source\gameengine\Converter\BL_BlenderDataConversion.cpp(537) : warning C4305: '=' : truncation from 'const double' to 'float'
C:\Documents and Settings\Hans Packet\Mijn documenten\Mijn Spullen\BlenderSource\bf-blender\blender\source\gameengine\Converter\BL_BlenderDataConversion.cpp(548) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : error C2675: unary '!' : 'class GEN_HashedPtr' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
BL_MeshDeformer.cpp
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : error C2675: unary '!' : 'class RAS_IPolyMaterial' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'class KX_ArrayOptimizer **__thiscall GEN_Map<class RAS_IPolyMaterial,class KX_ArrayOptimizer *>::operator [](class RAS_IPolyMaterial) '
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'class KX_ArrayOptimizer **__thiscall GEN_Map<class RAS_IPolyMaterial,class KX_ArrayOptimizer *>::operator [](class RAS_IPolyMaterial) '
BL_SkinDeformer.cpp
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : error C2675: unary '!' : 'class RAS_IPolyMaterial' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
BL_SkinMeshObject.cpp
KX_BlenderSceneConverter.cpp
C:\Documents and Settings\Hans Packet\Mijn documenten\Mijn Spullen\BlenderSource\bf-blender\blender\source\gameengine\Converter\KX_BlenderSceneConverter.cpp(346) : warning C4018: '==' : signed/unsigned mismatch
..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(137) : error C2675: unary '!' : 'class CHashedPtr' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'struct Object **__thiscall GEN_Map<class CHashedPtr,struct Object *>::operator [](class CHashedPtr) '
        ..\..\..\source\kernel\gen_system\GEN_Map.h(135) : while compiling class-template member function 'struct Object **__thiscall GEN_Map<class CHashedPtr,struct Object *>::operator [](class CHashedPtr) '
Error executing cl.exe.

blender.exe - 12 error(s), 3 warning(s)

hannibar

Post by hannibar »

Is there noone that can help me here ?

Goofster

Post by Goofster »

hmm, I just followed Timothy's compilation guide (at the top of this forum) and it works fine for me. do you use nightly builds? try CVS instead

Roel