Compiled on MSVC++ but it just crashes

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ascotan

Compiled on MSVC++ but it just crashes

Post by ascotan »

Well I was pround of myself in that I was able to compile this disaster, however, the program just opens and then crashes on XP. Wonderful. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does the installer add something special to make this work?? I end up getting a "unhandled exception in blender.exe: 0xc0000005 : access violation" with some ASM output as to where the instruction screwed up. :x :x

Build log

I don't have a complete list of the changes i had to do to get this to compile but here are a few i recorded...

Code: Select all

preprocesor include for all files...
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\decimation\extern,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\bsp\extern,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\ghost,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\SoundSystem,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\bmfont,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\moto\include,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\string,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\QT6 SDK (Win)\Interfaces & Libraries\QTDevWin\CIncludes,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\iksolver\extern,C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\intern\guardedalloc

blender module .dsp file .. release and debug

add...
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\QT6 SDK (Win)\Interfaces & Libraries\QTDevWin\Libraries"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\soundsystem"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\soundsystem\openal"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\soundsystem\dummy"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\guardedalloc"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\bsp"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\bmfont"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\ghost"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\string"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\decimation"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\blenkey"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\iksolver"
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\moto"

change...
libsoundsystem.a --> libsoundsystem.lib
libbsp.a --> libbsp.lib
libguardedalloc.a --> libguardedalloc.lib 
libbmfont.a --> libbmfont.lib
libghost.a --> libghost.lib
libstring.a --> libstring.lib
libdecimation.a --> libdecimation.lib
libblenkey.a --> libblenkey.lib
libiksolver.a --> libiksolver.lib
libmoto.a --> libmoto.lib

BLO_Loader
get rid of references to DNAstr and DNAlen (dna.c is gone)

modified GEN_map.h
//while ((bucket != 0) && !(key == bucket->m_key)) {
            //bucket = bucket->m_next;
        //}
causing a problem...

gnu_gettext.dll and sdl.dll copy to bin folder

makesdna.dsp
/libpath:"C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\blender\obj\windows\intern\guardedalloc"

FTF_TTFfont.cpp
//	err = font->Error();

download --> QT6SDK_Win.hqx from apple.com and extract to desktop

Hmm... it looks like the access violation occurs in genfile.c one of the blo_loader modules. Did dna.c disappear is makesdna.c the replacement??

nyoxi

Post by nyoxi »

Not sure what this makes the error, but dna.c din't disapeared, you must generate with DNA_makesdna.exe located in source\blender\makesdna\intern

ascotan

Post by ascotan »

thanks nyoxi i didn't know that. It strange though because windows 2000 just made the dna.c file and windows xp didn't weird.

ascotan

Post by ascotan »