Any Radeon 7000-7500 linux users out there?

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

slikdigit

Any Radeon 7000-7500 linux users out there?

Post by slikdigit » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:41 am

Hi
I made a small workaround to fix point size rendering in xfree 4.3 using the dri driver for the radeon. If you have this problem you'll see that all control points (mesh verts, ipos, latice verts, etc) get rendered with a pixel size of one. This is because the driver is ignoring the glPointSize() call and just using 1= 1x1 pixels.
I followed a suggestion on the dri project's bugzilla (at bug 735997, http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=100387)
and got this worked around on my computer.
since this only applies to people with this specific problem I am at a loss as to how to make it available, but if you're out there, have this problem let me know, and I'll pass on the relevant (tiny) code to you.

TheFallenWeeble

Post by TheFallenWeeble » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:18 am

Is this just for the 7xxx series cards or all Radeon cards? I haven't noticed it with my 9500... but then again, I haven't really been looking for it, either.

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:46 pm

yup, only the 7xxx series, and only xfree 4.3 (so far). xfree 4.21 rendered points normally, though from the "dri guy" it must've been in software. (xfree 4.21 had too many glitches for me tho)
I have a feeling I'm the only one to run blender in this combo. If a hardware faq or compatibility guide is made this should be on it to save others from having to re-invent the wheel.