Compiling with msvc6: Link error

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

wglwill

Compiling with msvc6: Link error

Post by wglwill » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:55 pm

Hi,
I'm getting a linker error when compiling blender 2.28a with visual c++ 6. I also get a number of linker warnings. I'm not sure if they are related to the linker error but I pasted them below anyways. The actual link error occurs on the last half dozen lines of this linker output.

Code: Select all

--------------------Configuration: blender - Win32 Release--------------------
Linking...
   Creating library ..\..\bin\blender.lib and object ..\..\bin\blender.exp
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: bool __thiscall FTFont::CharMap(enum FT_Encoding_)" (?CharMap@FTFont@@QAE_NW4FT_Encoding_@@@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: bool __thiscall FTFont::FaceSize(unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?FaceSize@FTFont@@QAE_NII@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall FTGLPixmapFont::FTGLPixmapFont(char const *)" (??0FTGLPixmapFont@@QAE@PBD@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: virtual __thiscall FTGLPixmapFont::~FTGLPixmapFont(void)" (??1FTGLPixmapFont@@UAE@XZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall FTFont::Ascender(void)const " (?Ascender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall FTFont::Descender(void)const " (?Descender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall FTFont::Advance(unsigned short const *)" (?Advance@FTFont@@QAEMPBG@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: void __thiscall FTFont::BBox(unsigned short const *,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &)" (?BBox@FTFont@@QAEXPBGAAM11111@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported

FTF_ftfont.lib(FTF_TTFont.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall FTFont::Error(void)const " (__imp_?Error@FTFont@@QBEHXZ)
..\..\bin\blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

blender.exe - 2 error(s), 9 warning(s)
Does anyone know what might be causing this?

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:12 am

Install FTGL?
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/

FTGL is a library for drawing TrueType fonts in OpenGL.

ascotan

Post by ascotan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:04 pm

You may have to checkout the lib/windows checkout from the CVS and link the windows specific libs to blender. In the .dsp files there are some lines for libpath/"blah..." that give paths to the libraries to link to the module.

theeth

Post by theeth » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:00 pm

If you checkout the lib folder from CVS in the same folder where you put the blender folder, you shouldn't have to edit the linking path in the MSVC project files.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

gabio

Post by gabio » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:56 pm

i got this error with scons, i have the last checkout so i don't understand the problem here. I have downloaded FTGL but the libs is already in the lib module so... any real hint how to fix this?

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:09 pm

yes, I am having the same trouble with scons. it builds fine within MSVC, but not with scons.