Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

niket

Need Latest bf-blender binary for win32

Post by niket »

is any one has recent CVS build.
pls give link or mail me on niket79@rediffmail.com
thax in advance..!

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Re: Need Latest bf-blender binary for win32

Post by Michel »

Hi,

currently there is some heavy development going on in the User Interface. So much in fact, that parts of the functionality are not accessible.
If you want to see the latest state of developments, I suggest you try building it yourself with the cygwin environment. It's free, and there are enough links on this forum on where to find info to get it to build.

By the way, I post this message not because I don't want to be helpful, but merely because a blender binary currently has no functional use.

With regards,
Michel
You can have one of two things: Progress or Progress Reports.

thornae

Re: Need Latest bf-blender binary for win32

Post by thornae »

Michel wrote:currently there is some heavy development going on in the User Interface. So much in fact, that parts of the functionality are not accessible.
So that's what's going on with my cvs build of bf-blender. I was wondering why SHIFT-F7 was doing odd things when I tried to load a bg image...

Mind you, the bits of it that are working are looking way sweet.
If any of those responsible are reading, you guys are doing a really, really impressive job. I'm pretty excited to see how this is going to end up - the way it's going, 2.30 is going to blow people's minds.

Again, kudos.

niket

Post by niket »

Michel wrote:currently there is some heavy development going on in the User Interface. So much in fact, that parts of the functionality are not accessible.
If you want to see the latest state of developments, I suggest you try building it yourself with the cygwin environment. It's free, and there are enough links on this forum on where to find info to get it to build.
Yes, I know there are heavy development going on i am eager to check them out and i tried so many times to compile my self but always fail to do so in cygwin.
that's why i asked for there is a some place where we can find freash builds(Weekly Builds) does not matter it works or not but that way we can check out new devlopment stage and participate in devlopment.
any way thanx for reply.

Timothy

Post by Timothy »

Hey,

There is a fairly recent binary here:
http://www.elysiun.com/~roel/bin/blender111003.exe
It dates from the 11th, so it's now 3 days old.
Simply place this in the folder of Blender 2.28 and it should work.

don't sue me if anything goes wrong!

Timothy

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

For me cygwin won't even install anymore... it stops right in the end - so I think I'll have to wait for it to be corrected and afer that I could post a binary. Blender compiled fine on cygwin though (at least a few weeks back).

I'm compiling on linux at the moment, as now I don't have the time to f*ck with cygwin's setup files that doesn't work.

sorry for the no-help-just-yet.

Mel_Q

Post by Mel_Q »

Mats78 wrote:For me cygwin won't even install anymore... it stops right in the end - so I think I'll have to wait for it to be corrected and afer that I could post a binary. Blender compiled fine on cygwin though (at least a few weeks back).

I'm compiling on linux at the moment, as now I don't have the time to f*ck with cygwin's setup files that doesn't work.

sorry for the no-help-just-yet.
I had the same problem, and updating cygwin did fix it.
I have a binary, but I'm tinkering with the -march switch on g++, it will crash on a pentium more than likely... I'll try to get a vanilla one up tonight. I hope to get some reliable benchmarks going, and if I get anything useful I'll post the results.
The new interface looks nice, but isn't complete: things like the frame counter we're used to seeing either aren't there or not obvious enough that I can see them. :)

niket

Post by niket »

Timothy wrote:There is a fairly recent binary here:
Thanx, for binary..
Mats78 wrote:For me cygwin won't even install anymore... it stops right in the end - so I think I'll have to wait for it to be corrected and afer that I could post a binary. Blender compiled fine on cygwin though (at least a few weeks back).
I am able to install cygwin but even after downloading of 111MB packages not able to compile. someone should post what minimum packages required to compile cygwin.

Mel_Q

Post by Mel_Q »

Mel_Q wrote:... I'll try to get a vanilla one up tonight. ... :)

Well, how about this morning! :D
This is just the blender.exe file, BTW, and was built on 14 Oct '03 @ 22:30:06 CDT from a CVS update about 2 hours before that...
http://myweb.cableone.net/rigel/blender14OCT03.zip

Just keep in mind the new interface isn't complete- there's probably going to be something missing somewhere and that doesn't make it a bug.
It's pretty cool so far-

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Mel_Q wrote:Just keep in mind the new interface isn't complete- there's probably going to be something missing somewhere and that doesn't make it a bug.
I thought I'd just echo this, at least for a few more days - things are still changing quite rapidly, so try not to get too stressed over bugs or things you don't like :) There are still experiments going on as to what's possible, what's right, etc.

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

I am able to install cygwin but even after downloading of 111MB packages not able to compile. someone should post what minimum packages required to compile cygwin.
Well I've done the following (usually have had a complete cygwin install):

1. updated cvs
2. 'make clean' if necessary
3. created the user-def.mk file if it isn't there already
4. 'make'
5. coffee
6. /obj/windows/bin/blender.exe

nothing else really.. worked fine (as I said: a few weeks back at least).

-Mats

niket

Post by niket »

Mats78,
When i start to compile. "make" says that it can't find "cat" or somthings else every time so i am thinking that somehow in my cygwin installation i missed some needed critical package so i want minimum list of package that needed to run "make" and compile blender in cygwin.
any how i will try as u said.. :)