windows longhorn

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

engalicorn

windows longhorn

Post by engalicorn »

I dont know too much about the interworkings of blender, but i should mention that there is a new version of windows coming out (codename longhorn) and you might want to have a look at compatiblity issues coming out of the new windows.

they are re working the entire rendering system. Something to do with multiple buffers and such. I dont know if it affects blender too much. But it is something to think of for blender 3.0

or blender 4.0 by 2006

Desoto

Post by Desoto »

Pfft...anyone who buys another windows OS deserves compatibility issues IMO. Let the flames begin!

engalicorn

Post by engalicorn »

Pfft... anyone who trys to market a peice of software and expects it to get anywhere in this windows dominated computer world.... needs to make sure they are up to date...

besides what ive hearcd about longhorn isnt all that bad... it doesnt look like windows anymore :roll:

ideasman

Post by ideasman »

Blender does not use GDI
Blender uses opengl, longhorn will support openGL

Beauty of using an standardized open API.

Eric

Post by Eric »

Hmm, Longhorn is the codename. The new Windows is not even half done, we are several years away from it's official release.

It _might_ come out in 2006-2007.

ScOrPiO

Project Shorthorn

Post by ScOrPiO »

Hehe, as you ALL should know by now...What OS did M$ release that did not have bugs? Did they ever lelease a "Free" version? C'mon guys, give M$ a break 4 now, Bill got what he wanted, well almost :lol:
I'll can myself if they will use the Unix/Linux kernel!!!! just imagine! It will be headline news EVERYWHERE!!! :twisted:
Luckily they don't test M$ products on rockets and planes! Just think after 30 days "Sorry, your evaluation period has expired, please activate via internet" or " Illegal opperation, sorry for the inconvenience..."!!! :evil:

Anyways, as the chinese curse say " May we live in interesting times..."