OSX compile problem...

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

taltos

OSX compile problem...

Post by taltos »

Okay, so I have spent the last week trying to get Blender 2.30 to compile on my OSX system. My system is as follows:
12" G4 Powerbook, 867 MHZ
OSX 10.3.2

This may not be a specific problem with Blender, but I wonder if anyone has run into this problem and might have some pointers...

As far as I know, I have downloaded/compiled/installed all of the support libraries needed, primarily using Fink and some other methods. I can compile the external and internal libraries, and it looks as if all of the source files are compiling (this is using the command-line, not the pb project). But I get the following error during what appears to be the final link phase:

ld: /sw/lib/libintl.a(dcigettext.o) illegal reference to symbol: _libiconv defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
make: *** [/Users/phoenix/my_devel/blender/blender-2.30/obj/darwin-7.2.0-powerpc/bin/blender] Error 1

Okay, now just in case I have re-compiled the gettext libraries (for libintl.a), and had fink reinstall libiconv. Obviously from the error that is produced here, libintl.a appears to be trying to link against the libiconv.2.20 that is installed with the operating system. I haven't been able to find a way to get it to link with the one that I think it wants inside of /sw/lib.

Anyone have suggestions for progressing from here?

---Phoenix...

jsplifer

Post by jsplifer »

Hi,

Check out my tutorial, it may help.
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... pic&t=2736

jsplifer