Build missing various .dlls

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Drudge

Build missing various .dlls

Post by Drudge » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Hello folks,

I am building Blender for the first time and have run into a snag. I am on Windows XP 32 bit, and am using MinGW and CMake with TortoiseSVN. I followed the guide here http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2 ... inGW/CMake

The program built, but then when I went to run it, it was missing wrap_oal.dll. I looked this error up, and found that I could move the .dll from it's locatio in lib\minggw32 into the same folder as my blender.exe (cmake-build\bin, as I followed the suggested folder paths in that guide.) However, there were also several other .dlls missing, including libOpenColorIO.dll, python33.dll, and some others. I moved them all into the folder with blender.exe, and the program finally launches now, but then immediately hits a runtime error and terminates.

I am trying to understand why these .dlls are in the wrong place. Or perhaps they are in the correct place and I missed something during the build? I have double checked the guide several times, but perhaps there is something a noobie like me is not aware of.

Of course, I'm also trying to figure out why I'm getting a runtime error. But that could be a lot of reasons.

Any help would be appreciated.

stiv

Post by stiv » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 am

Are you trying to run from the build directory instead of the install directory? That is a frequent cause of path problems and missing thingies.

Drudge

Post by Drudge » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

stiv wrote:Are you trying to run from the build directory instead of the install directory? That is a frequent cause of path problems and missing thingies.
I'm running off the only .exe for it. I have the same folder setup from the guide I linked. So, I have BlenderSVN directory, and inside I have a directory for the source that Tortoise downloaded, and then a cmake-build directory, and then a lib directory. The blender .exe is in cmake-build\bin, but it needed various .dlls that were in subfolders of lib.

skyzboob

Solved

Post by skyzboob » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 am

i have used CMake Code::blocks and mingw64 and got the same problem

first i have copied all the dll from the standard installation to my cmake-build\bin.

At ..\cmake-build folder i have a lib folder inside i found :
Lib\mingw64\opencolorio\bin\libOpenColorIO.dll

i copy paste libOpenColorIO.dll inside my cmake-build\bin.

now he say not found SDL.dll
i found this here: Lib\mingw64\sdl\lib

i copy paste SDL.dll inside my cmake-build\bin.

and voila the blender.exe start with some bugs (Cycles render Sampling preview not updated in view) but its running.

i think all this stuff is wrong but when i searched a fix i found your post...
sry for my english