Help with Exporting from Blender 2.68a to Giants Ed. 5.0.1

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sproutx25

Help with Exporting from Blender 2.68a to Giants Ed. 5.0.1

Post by sproutx25 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi, I am requesting help with exporting files to Giants from blender. I currently upgraded to Blender 2.68a from 2.66. I believe it was working before. I have fixed the "tessfaces" patch that i found on this website. However this is the error code i keep receiving:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\__init__.py", line 51, in execute
return export_i3d.save(self, context, **self.properties)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\export_i3d.py", line 322, in save
saveObject(obj, save.scene)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\export_i3d.py", line 260, in saveObject
shape_id,mats = writeMesh(mesh,obj.data.name)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\export_i3d.py", line 223, in writeMesh
vc, fc = writeFace(me, matId, f)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\export_i3d.py", line 154, in writeFace
indices = "%s %d" % (indices , writeVertex(me, 0, f))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\scripts\addons\io_scene_i3d\export_i3d.py", line 144, in writeVertex
uvs = ( uv_tex.data[face.index].uv[vIndex][0], uv_tex.data[face.index].uv[vIndex][1])
AttributeError: 'MeshTexturePoly' object has no attribute 'uv'

I use Sketchup 2013 as well and tried importing Collida (.dae) files in and exporting out to giants (.i3d). I understand how the coding works, but DO NOT understand the coding by any means. Any assistance would be appreciated. If this turns out to be a Giants Editor issue then I will work with them but I thought I would start with the great minds at the blenderfoundation.org.

Thank you.