Trouble Compiling BFBlender with Cygwin

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JA-forreal

Trouble Compiling BFBlender with Cygwin

Post by JA-forreal »

Hello. I'm learning to build BF Blender with Cygwin tools. I used the tutorial by Hos and I got up to the part of actually compiling the code. I made the user-def.mk file with the line 'export FREE_WINDOWS=true'. Then I entered the command in Cygwin, echo 'export FREE_WINDOWS=true' > user-def.mk.

FInally I entered the command "make".

I got this message-

$ make
====> make all in blender/dlltool
Makefile:1: nan_definitions.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `nan_definitions.mk'. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 1

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help folks.

How do I make a file called "nan_definitions.mk"?

Also can I follow this same compling tutorial by hos to complie Tuhopuu?
How can I Checkout the Tuhopuu module from the Tuhopuu tree and the the lib/windows module?

Blend on!

harkyman

Post by harkyman »

You need to be in the /blender directory when you issue that make command. Most likely, you'll issue it from:

/Administrator/bf-blender/blender

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

harkyman wrote:You need to be in the /blender directory when you issue that make command. Most likely, you'll issue it from:

/Administrator/bf-blender/blender
Thanks for your reply harkyman.

I was in the Blender dir when I typed this command.

I tried another tip that I got over at www.elysiun.com and I'm getting this when I type mkdir bf-blender-

bash-2.05b$ mkdir bf-blender
bash: mkdir: command not found
bash-2.05b$

I can not access comands with bash.

I'm trying to fix this. Maybe I have to reinstall or reboot who knows. Do you have any ideas?

I'm new to this compiling process. The file server system was so buggy for the Cgywin download. Maybe that's the problem? Do you have to download every package from the file server?

Thanks for your help.

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

[edit]
Last edited by Marty_D on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Well thanks for your help folks. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the Cygwin packages. I got it to Build! This is great. Now I'm working on getting Tuhopuu to build with Cygwin. How do I access the cvs to get it to build? I have looked all over the place and have not found anything that has worked for me so far.

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

[edit]
Last edited by Marty_D on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Marty_D wrote:Great! Glad to hear you're up and running. For Tuhopuu these should work.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvsroot/tuhopuu login
(login is anonymous (only the first time I think, linux will remember the password for below (works on this machine anyway (I don't know))))

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvsroot/tuhopuu \co tuhopuu2

You'll have to customize the user-def.mk for windows etc.
I used cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvsroot/tuhopuu co tuhopuu2 to expand the Tuhopuu module.

How do I customize the user-def.mk for windows? Do I type echo 'export FREE_WINDOWS=true'>user-def.mk ? I did that and I I typed "make" and got-
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

[edit]
Last edited by Marty_D on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Marty_D wrote:Use the same user-def file in Tuhopuu that you use in blender. Just copy the .mk file to the new directory. I use the windows applications that I have to do the dirty work, Linux is still a bit of a foreign language. If your blender build worked than your Tuhopuu build should work. Same setup, different place.
So are you saying that I copy the dir like "lib" to the Tuhopuu2 dir and the user-def.mk for the BF Blender compile dir? This does not make sense to me. I thought that I just needed to expand the Tuhopuu modules the same as I did with the BF Blender module. So the Tuhopuu module doesn't have any "lib"?

I'm new to this so I try to find a process that a clear route to getting a Tuhopuu compile.

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

[edit]
Last edited by Marty_D on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Marty_D wrote:When you download the Tuhopuu source files you need to be in the directory above the tuhopuu2 directory, or, the same directory that you are in when you download the blender source files. The lib files will be shared by both trees.

Your directory stucture should look something like:
cygwin
-home
-- ja-forreal
--- blender - lib - tuhopuu2

You will always be in the ja-forreal directory when you contact the pserver for downloads. The lib files are shared by both trees. To see these directories open "My Computer" (sic) and navigate to the C:\cygwin\home directory.
Got it, good to go!

As I said I'm new to this sort of thang. I didn't realize that I had to expand the Tuhopuu modules to the BF Blender dir. Maybe that was stated clearly some place but I missed it. Now I see how the BF Blender CVS and the Tuhopuu CVS can "share" the same "lib" dir. All I then had to do is copy the user-def.mk from the Blender CVS dir. Then I $maked it up.

Now that all is clearly said and done I can get to use the Crease tool in Tuhopuu. I did all of this for the Crease tool. Man I did it for the Crease tool, heheheh.

Blend on!