DrQueue support from inside blender

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

comadreja

DrQueue support from inside blender

Post by comadreja » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:55 am

Hello,

My name is Jorge and I am the main developer of DrQueue, the distributed rendering queue that (besides others) supports Blender.

Sometime ago one of the people who helps me on this (Goran Kocov) sent me a modification for sendjob as long as some Python scripts to send jobs directly from inside Blender.

My idea would be to improve this as to fully support the DrQueue protocol and see everything is happening everytime without opening another application.

Hope to hear from you soon.

http://www.drqueue.org

Best regards,

Jorge[/url]

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:32 pm

If i remember right, drqueue only work on unix-like. if you want to put it in blender. maybe it could serve you as a helper to port it to windows. If you say this could run inside blender. then i think it could be possible. because for the moment. i don't find you plugin very usefull (windows user speaking).

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:57 pm

A good Point Gabio. Even though Windows is probably the least cool OS in the world, it's still what 90% of Blender users use (according to some survey a few years ago, as I remember).

So if you are considering permanent C++ integration, it should be compatible with Windows. However, if this is just a question of improving the current workflow by making drqueue accesible through a Python scrpt then that's fine.

Multi-format, built-in render distrbution would rock though.. *hint*

comadreja

Windows port

Post by comadreja » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:35 pm

gabio wrote:If i remember right, drqueue only work on unix-like. if you want to put it in blender. maybe it could serve you as a helper to port it to windows. If you say this could run inside blender. then i think it could be possible. because for the moment. i don't find you plugin very usefull (windows user speaking).
Yes, you are right, drqueue only work on some unices... But I am not a Win32 coder myself. :(

I wish somebody could help me with the port, as I think it won't would be so difficult for somebody with Win32 programming experience.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge