PDA's again

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

joeri

Post by joeri »

JWalton wrote: you don't need python and game engine and stuff.
I don't?

Skelet

Post by Skelet »

you don't need python and game engine and stuff.
Well actualy python needed anyway ... bun I think ipaq blender is quite good without GE. if peoples want to design games they will need more resources than ipaq's can offer, bout for modelling it's quite good enough.
i donno, charcoal and paper is pretty good for that
Yes, but maybe we do not need blender at all than?

64-128mb is shared with the other programs storage and I+D space during execution. for instance on my 64mb pocketpc i have 12mb storage free, and 17mb program free. it goes _real_ fast.
You are absolutely right. But adding more ROM is very cheap (for PDA's) and you can use 1GB memory stick , it's about 300$ (also you can take some divx with you :) )
hey, I see you have a double-post...not fun
ok , sorry for that, fixed!
If your looking for developer resources check out the talk
I gave at the blender conference:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Full_Paper.465.0.html
Thanx a lot, that realy helps!
The Skelet

JWalton

Post by JWalton »

joeri wrote:
JWalton wrote: you don't need python and game engine and stuff.
I don't?
yes joeri, for the context in which i put the original usage model; my opinion is that given that an iPAQ is certainly not as stated "New ipaq's have enough cpu and ram to run fully functional blender workstation", you could certainly loose a few pounds by dropping a scripted language interface for a machine with little or no typing capability, and a 3D accelerated feature for a machine that also has no accelerated 3D capability.

version 2.04 as implemented was fine for what i said it was probably good for "on site 3D walk through".

having bought 3 pocketpc's the best games are 2D platform games, solitare, jawbreaker, anything you would find on www.pocketgamer.org anything else is beyond it's power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit:
seems there is some activity in the 3d accelerated pocketpc area: http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20040916183808.html

along with VGA screens, it might prove interesting to produce a game engine for this class of pocketpc.