Creating projectfiles_vc7_1

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JRaven

Creating projectfiles_vc7_1

Post by JRaven »

I am new to Blender, have grabbed an image from CVS, have been working on getting it to build with Visual Studio 2003, and have to admit that I have only minimally scanned for any posts on making this task any easier than it has been.

projectfiles_vc7_0 does not appear to be too up-to-date and it looks as though some of you are maintaining your own local working/operational copies of this build environment. May I ask whether there are any plans soon by anyone to get projectfiles_vc7_0 updated, and would it be worth anyone's while to have a projectfiles_vc7_1 environment checked-in?

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

I got sent some updated project files from a blender user - they have been forwarded to the dev mailing list. I'll commit them myself if there is enough interest, but I can't test them.

JRaven

Post by JRaven »

On the one hand I almost have my 7.1 project files running and, perhaps, I could use the 7.0 project files that you have as a sanity check.

I suppose we have two questions now:

1) Who wants to have VS 7.0 (2002) project files updated in CVS (my own interest here may begin to falter soon), and

2) Who wants to have VS 7.1 (2003) project files added to CVS...

[ Thanks for the prompt reply BTW ]

arrachnid

Post by arrachnid »

Hi 8)

I'm a blender newbee and I am interested to have the VS 7.1(2003) project file added to CVS.

thanks

JRaven

Post by JRaven »

I have the app compiling, with the omission of axctl (seems to be part of a subproject for a Windows-specific external [ActiveX] viewer). Besides wanting to go back and re-include the axctl project, and figure out its issues, I want to test the app a little before going to the next step...

... And since I am not familiar with OpenSource check-in protocol, that next step might be as much of a project as anything else.

If you don't mind doing the leg-work to find out who must be notified and what sort of hand-shaking I must do to get this checked-in, would you fill me in? Then I will follow-up [once I'm done tweaking] with what I need to do and get this hummer into CVS.
(What little spare time I have I've just been porting the 7.0 projects to 7.1 and haven't had time for the political/forum stuff)