Is MSVC++ 6 depreciated? (No. It works fine.)

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Duoas

Is MSVC++ 6 depreciated? (No. It works fine.)

Post by Duoas »

The past couple of days I've been checking out the latest CVS but nothing I get will compile. In particular, it complains about openal (missing) and the sound system (looks restructured).

Does anyone (besides myself) still use MSVC 6? Or are the project workspaces just not being actively maintained anymore? (I was compiling successfully not too long ago...)

If not, I suppose I'll have to break down and install Cygwin or something...

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Last edited by Duoas on Thu May 12, 2005 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

NateTG

Post by NateTG »

I still use it, but I haven't tried compiling for a while.

That would be unfortunate if its not being maintained any more.

\n

theeth

Post by theeth »

The project files are updated and should be working correctly for everyone (that's what I use).

Just remember that you have to build Intern before the rest.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Duoas

Post by Duoas »

Ah, I don't feel so bad about my antique software now that I know theeth's using it too...

Yes, it's the intern that's erring. I introduced a bug I couldn't find when I tried to make a floating window in the text editor so I renamed that tree (for playing with later) and checked-out a completely fresh tree.

Intern complains thus:
--------------------Configuration: OpenALSoundSystem - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
SND_OpenALDevice.cpp
D:\prog\blender\develop\blender\intern\SoundSystem\openal\SND_OpenALDevice.h(38) : warning C4091: 'typedef ' : ignored on left of 'struct SDL_CD' when no variable is declared
..\..\..\..\SoundSystem\sdl\SND_SDLCDDevice.h(35) : warning C4091: 'typedef ' : ignored on left of 'struct SDL_CD' when no variable is declared
D:\prog\blender\develop\blender\intern\SoundSystem\openal\SND_OpenALDevice.cpp(46) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AL/al.h': No such file or directory
SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp
D:\prog\blender\develop\blender\intern\SoundSystem\sdl\SND_SDLCDDevice.h(35) : warning C4091: 'typedef ' : ignored on left of 'struct SDL_CD' when no variable is declared
D:\prog\blender\develop\blender\intern\SoundSystem\sdl\SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp(47) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDL.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

Build_install_all - 2 error(s), 26 warning(s)

theeth

Post by theeth »

Did you download the lib folder too? You'll need it.
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/vie ... bf-blender

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Duoas

Post by Duoas »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I know next to nothing about CVS. It's a veritable miracle that I can use it at all...

The blender tree creates a lib directory (with only a 'windows' sub-folder), but seeing the lib directory at the top methought 'great' and forgot to explicitly get it. I missed this because I'm a command-line junkie and went right over it...

Lesson learned: get 'lib' then get 'blender'.

Thanks theeth.