Compiling with msvc 6 or 7

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

coldlamper

Compiling with msvc 6 or 7

Post by coldlamper » Fri May 13, 2005 12:28 am

I've tried to compile with both. I tried the CVS release on 5-12. Tryied the 2.36 tarball release as well. The project and solution files are not even close to working. Has anybody had success compiling these versions lately?
Any suggestions on how to get these working.
Do they work?

coldlamper

Post by coldlamper » Fri May 13, 2005 1:31 am

I got the msvc 6 tar'd version to work. Just tried it again and it worked with no problems. Must have had something screwed up.

iluvblender

Post by iluvblender » Sat May 14, 2005 11:26 pm

coldlamper wrote:I got the msvc 6 tar'd version to work. Just tried it again and it worked with no problems. Must have had something screwed up.
can you please give me some instructions on compiling with msvc6.

thank you in advance.

coldlamper

Post by coldlamper » Wed May 18, 2005 11:22 pm

I really didn't keep track of what I did and the first time I tried it didn't work. The second time I downloaded the source from the downloads section not from cvs. Then followed the instructions in the install file. Then it just worked perfect,but i swear I did that the first time and got all sorts of errors and tried fixing them for a day or 2 then gave up and decided to start from scratch.

iluvblender

Post by iluvblender » Wed May 25, 2005 12:44 pm

coldlamper wrote:I really didn't keep track of what I did and the first time I tried it didn't work. The second time I downloaded the source from the downloads section not from cvs. Then followed the instructions in the install file. Then it just worked perfect,but i swear I did that the first time and got all sorts of errors and tried fixing them for a day or 2 then gave up and decided to start from scratch.
okie. thank you. :D