Current CVS doesn't build, using Cygwin make... :S help?

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Fred_Pyo

Current CVS doesn't build, using Cygwin make... :S help?

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Hi everyone, it is me again asking stuff about building blender!
Lately I haven't been able to build blender, these are the last warnings and the errors I get when building:

Code: Select all

SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp:39: warning: ignoring #pragma warning
In file included from /cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL.h:38,
                 from SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp:47:
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:1:1: warning: null character(s) ignored
In file included from /cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL.h:38,
                 from SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp:47:
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:1: error: `ALL' does not name a type
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:6: warning: `SDL_RemoveTimer' initialized and declared `extern'
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:6: warning: `__cdecl__' attribute only applies to function types

/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:6: error: `SDL_TimerID' was not declared in this scope
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:10: error: expected declaration before '}' token
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL_timer.h:9:1: unterminated #ifdef
In file included from SND_SDLCDDevice.cpp:47:
/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/../lib/windows/gcc/sdl/include/SDL.h:30:1: unterminated #ifndef
make[3]: *** [/cygdrive/d/Coding/source/blender/bf-blender/blender/obj/windows/intern/SDLSoundSystem/SND_SDLCDDevice.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
I'm building from Cygwin with the good old make, under Windows XP...
Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

do

make clean && make

often that will magically fix issues

LetterRip

levon

Post by levon »

also remember to update the libs/windows folder every now and then.

Fred_Pyo

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Thanks, but I've been "cleaning" for every cvs update I do, but still I get the same errors...

I just don't understand why everyone can keep building from the cvs and I can't... maybe I should get rid of all my source code and redownload it all again..=?

thanks

--EDIT--

HMmm, I TOTALLY forgot about updating the libs... will try that out!

levon

Post by levon »

yeah everynow and then i have to delete all the source code and update again normaly fixes things

Fred_Pyo

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Well... just updating the libs didn't work (they have changed the dir structure a bit since my last update, got lots of "?" when doing the cvs update...

Well, I will delete all my source files and redownload them (except for some I don't want to download again, like all the python Dlls...)

thanks for the help people

Fred_Pyo

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Well, I deleted all my source files, and after redownloading them, it all worked perfectly... :D

(Now I have Blender 2.40 alpha!) Thank you!