I miss vertex Weight Paint

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Duoas

I miss vertex Weight Paint

Post by Duoas » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:58 am

The weight painting tool has definitely improved. However, the feature I like best appears to have disappeared.

In 2.37 I could set the opacity to 1.0 and have the vertices that fall in the circle be instantly set to exactly the weight I specified.

In 2.39 the closest I can get is to click only 'Vertex Dist' and 'Mix' (I abhor messing with faces), but to get the exact weight I want I have to engage in '2-pixel syndrome' mouse waving. I have my display set to 1280 x 1024 and aiming my mouse at a specific couple of pixels is annoying, to say the least.

Can we add back in the option to simply set the weight to that specified no matter where it falls in the circle?

Thanks!

gabio

Post by gabio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:11 am

why don't you use add? Mix will give you the mean of current and bruch value. like .5 and 1 will paint .75.
Doing "add" with 1 weight and 1 oppacity will give you want you want.

for myself What i miss from old system is the ability to paint a region without having to paint all over. What i mean is It look like the curling of faces can't be turned off. so when I paint an arm, i need to turn around it to paint everywhere.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:33 am

gabio - he might want to replace the current weight with the new weight, so an option for replace would be good. Maybe I'll have a look and give it a try. I'll also have a look at disabling culling.

LetterRip

Duoas

Post by Duoas » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:58 am

Yes, that's it LetterRip.

Thank you.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:38 am

Okay it appears to work fine, I can email you a test build to cofirm it is what you want (the button layout is ugly and overlapping, but I will change that if i submit a patch).

gabio - I didn't see an obvious way to turn off back face culling.

LetterRip