Build fails on MSVC 6

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

_styken

Build fails on MSVC 6

Post by _styken » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:54 am

Build fails on Physics, missing header files. And when that is corrected a link error occur when linking to elbeem lib.?!

The header files are an easy fix, but I can't see why the link won't work.

//styken

eric.m.forsythe

Post by eric.m.forsythe » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:24 pm

Do you have a built elbeem.lib? If so, you just need to add its directory to your library search path. It's on the the link tab under the Project Settings, I think.

If not, then you probably need to the built the intern libs. The project can be found at: {BLENDER HOME}/intern/make/msvc_6_0

Good luck!

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:06 pm

_styken

sorry, i was quite busy lately so i did not update msvc6 projects.
most of the windows builders use msvc7. some of them own a copy of VS.net but i think most of them use the free toolkit and scons to build.

most of the times using scons with msvc6 works better than vc6 project files, since all developers keep scons up to date and most of the changes are plattform independant. Well some times msvc6 does not eat code all other compillers do and some new code currently is in that state.

however i did update the vc6 project files a few miniutes ago.
but they lack ATM

1. boolop.lib is build when you build the internal project but is not copied to blah/lib/windows/boolops/lib automagically. thats where the blender project looks for it to link with .. so copy it there.

2. there are some issues with the new booleans & the game engine causing vc6 to stall and i have provided a patch see -->
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/b ... 12348.html

3. i did only release for the projects right now, but i'm sure you know how to copy paste project settings

hope that helps BM

_styken

Post by _styken » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks bjornmose for your efforts in maintaining VC 6!

//styken