3 compiler errors

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:27 am

Hi lightning

just a little VC hickup -->
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/b ... 12523.html

As for MSCV6 projects, elbeem is built with the "intern" workspace.
It looks like i'm the only one who check's msvc6 projects and has write access to CVS. So VC6 projects are more likely for lagging a bit.

BM

lightning

Post by lightning » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:56 pm

Success! Thanks bjornmouse.

If I were to go back to the clean CVS, and attempt to correct all the errors in compilation, would that be useful? Almost all the problems were in missing includes etc in the VC7 project files. Is there someone I could send the patch to so they could submit it to the CVS?

EDIT: btw sorry for hijacking your thread Burre... :oops: hopefully some of this has helped you debug though
The dawn of a new error...

Burre

Post by Burre » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:41 pm

lightning wrote:hopefully some of this has helped you debug though
Well, not really. They reduced the number of errors with ~10, but I still have 148 left...

Most of them are referenced to "imb_savetiff". It would be a lot easier to find the correct references if I knew the topology of the different libs. But I don't, so atm this is a guessing game of sorts. >_<

lightning

Post by lightning » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:00 pm

The recent cvs fix solved the tiff errors for me. You will have to make sure that you clean the BL_imbuf (i think thats the name) project in /blender.sln, and rebuild. Also, you need to add into that project the existing files dynlibtiff.c and dynlibtiff.h, found in blender\source\blender\imbuf\intern , and add to the include path \lib\windows\tiff\include so that it can find tiffio.h.

Oh, and before that make sure you have the new lib CVS checkout (thanks LetterRip ;) ) cause otherwise tiffio.h doesnt exist.

Hope that helps...
The dawn of a new error...