Build broken on Mac OS X

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tron_thomas

Build broken on Mac OS X

Post by tron_thomas »

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.4 on an Apple iBook G4. I synched up with the Blender source code via CVS. When I try to build using scons I get the following errors:

source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'bool BL_Shader::LinkProgram()':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:120: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:127: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:135: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:140: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:151: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:152: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'void BL_Shader::PrintInfo(int, unsigned int, int*)':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:205: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLsizei*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'PyObject* BL_Shader::Pyvalidate(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:405: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'

I'm wondering who else has encountered these problems, and what needs to be done to fix the build.

lukep

Re: Build broken on Mac OS X

Post by lukep »

tron_thomas wrote:I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.4 on an Apple iBook G4. I synched up with the Blender source code via CVS. When I try to build using scons I get the following errors:

source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'bool BL_Shader::LinkProgram()':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:120: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:127: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:135: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:140: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:151: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:152: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'void BL_Shader::PrintInfo(int, unsigned int, int*)':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:205: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLsizei*'
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp: In member function 'PyObject* BL_Shader::Pyvalidate(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
source/gameengine/Ketsji/BL_Shader.cpp:405: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'GLint*'

I'm wondering who else has encountered these problems, and what needs to be done to fix the build.
first, this is not the place to report such errors, do in in coding forum.
second, if you build with gcc3.3 it works correctly (same error but warning level only).

gcc4.4 is still pretty scarse on Os X