The Optimal (win/gcc/cygwin) Build?

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Ryz

The Optimal (win/gcc/cygwin) Build?

Post by Ryz »

I've been experimenting a bit with the optimization switches of GCC, which to some degree should work on all platforms for builds made with GCC...

See the results here on my web site...

If anyone has more tips for compiling with gcc/cygwin, I'd love to hear them! And a thank you to the makers of the guide for setting it up with the Blender cvs!

Ryz

Post by Ryz »

Heh, just saw this thread on Elysiun fly by as well, which I hadn't noticed before. Cool...

Ty

building with cygwin

Post by Ty »

I hope you can help me with this problem. I have been using OpenGL on cygwin for years and wanted to use blender there as well. I followed the guide (that you linked to) to install blender on my Cygwin platform. I made sure that all the cygwin packages mentioned were installed and downloaded everything as mentioned in the guide. All went well until I tried to make. After getting most of the way through it, I encountered an error that seems to have happened to others before (I can find mention of the error but no mention of the solution). Is has to do with this:
FTVectoriser.cpp:186: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid(*)()'
which then causes a bunch of problems initializing arguments of gluTessCallback
I am clueless as to what to do now and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ryz

Post by Ryz »

Hey Ty, what OS version are you running?

I can see that CPP file does some specific definitions as per OS...

Code: Select all

#ifdef __APPLE_CC__    
    typedef GLvoid (*GLUTesselatorFunction)(...);
#elif defined( __mips ) || defined( __linux__ ) || defined( __FreeBSD__ ) || defined( __OpenBSD__ ) || defined( __sun ) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
    typedef GLvoid (*GLUTesselatorFunction)();
#elif defined ( WIN32)
    typedef GLvoid (CALLBACK *GLUTesselatorFunction)( );
#else
    #error "Error - need to define type GLUTesselatorFunction for this platform/compiler"
#endif
If Windows, check if that WIN32 variable was set and the instruction in the setup regarding the FREEWIN setting in that extra file that needed to be created.
This search on Elysiun in the first post shows how to get past that line, but also asks how to solve the next problem... Maybe there's more in the other posts. You might want to check it out. Someone has to have run across this. Perhaps clean and refresh your CVS copy...