How do i build Orange?

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

leinad13

How do i build Orange?

Post by leinad13 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi, could someone please tell me how to compile the Orange branch of Blender. Do i need to download the orange files from cvs? How do i then specify to build the orange build. I am using linux (Fedora Core 4) and i can build the normal bf-blender cvs.
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi, orange CVS is not more used by devs, all modification is made in the normal branch. If you compile BF CVS you have all things that is be done in the orange branch.

leinad13

Post by leinad13 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks lguillaume, i managed to build with CVS. I am interested in using the new render passes, but i an unsure weather they are properly implemented and useable. I would like to use the render passes to do an AO pass then save it, then not need to render the AO again. Is this possible?[/quote]
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:01 pm

leinad13 wrote:Thanks lguillaume, i managed to build with CVS. I am interested in using the new render passes, but i an unsure weather they are properly implemented and useable. I would like to use the render passes to do an AO pass then save it, then not need to render the AO again. Is this possible?
[/quote]

In a near future yes, but for moment AO passes is not coded.