error message says edgeRender.c is missing sources

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Marty_D

error message says edgeRender.c is missing sources

Post by Marty_D »

Hi, getting errors trying to build BRE_render with Visual C++ 2005 Express. The error is

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: BRE_render, Configuration: Blender Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>edgeRender.c
1>..\..\..\source\blender\render\intern\source\edgeRender.c(69) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'render.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\blenderdev\build\msvc_7\source\blender\render\BuildLog.htm"
1>BRE_render - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
The external libraries all are building with no errors. The internal libraries are also all building with no errors.

When the compiler begins to put edgeRender.c together it throws up the missing file error for render.h which is just not present. Actually searching all sources on the hard drive shows a negative result. I'm downloading the source with a CVS client. Is the file present on the server?

Looking through the commit logs, render.h was at least updated along with render_types.h fairly recently (early 2005). render_types.h is present here in the internal render source directory but 2005 was a while ago. Hmm. Maybe things got changed around somewhere.

Anyone know if it's possible to fix that? Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

stiv

Post by stiv »

Those files have been removed.

From the commit logs:
ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2006/06/25 12:02:18 CEST

Removed files:
blender/source/blender/render/intern/include edgeRender.h
blender/source/blender/render/intern/source edgeRender.c

Log:
Dunno how... maybe during Orange merging, but these files should have been
removed from CVS too!

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

All right well, when Visual C++ 2005 Express cranks up the blender sources it insists on converting the project files to newer versions. Not sure if that's what causes the miscue.

Then I build externals and internals and blender. When I build blender the errors show up. 2 actually. Both seemingly related to BRE_render "project."

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: BRE_render, Configuration: Blender Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>edgeRender.c
1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\..\source\blender\render\intern\source\edgeRender.c': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\blenderdev\build\msvc_7\source\blender\render\BuildLog.htm"
1>BRE_render - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: blender, Configuration: Blender Release Win32 ------
2>Linking...
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\build\msvc_7\libs\bre_render.lib'
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\blenderdev\build\msvc_7\source\blender\BuildLog.htm"
2>blender - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 32 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
If I remove the BRE_render project from the list there're even more problems. How would I go about fixing.

_styken

Post by _styken »

Do NOT remove the project, instead remove the removed files from the project!

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D »

Ok, ooo kay, . . everything's fine, calm. I'm backing away from the code. Calm, everyone's fine. . .

Actually this task is going to have to go on hold for a while. I'm needing to create a pirate football scene for the autumn.

Thanks for the quick replies.