Scons FFMPEG Compile Errors

Compiling, libraries, modules, coding guidelines and porting

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JA-forreal

Scons FFMPEG Compile Errors

Post by JA-forreal »

Hello, I have been trying to do an scons compile of Blender with ffmpeg support in Ubuntu Dapper. I compiled ffmpeg fresh from the svn sources. I get this error message:

Code: Select all

Linking program ==> 'blender'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_create_handle'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_get_camera_nodes'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_setup_capture'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_destroy_handle'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_start_iso_transmission'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_unlisten'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_header': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_release_camera'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_packet': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_done_with_buffer'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_read_packet': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_single_capture'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_close': undefined reference to `dc1394_stop_iso_transmission'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_close': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_unlisten'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_close': undefined reference to `dc1394_dma_release_camera'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(dc1394.o): In function `dc1394_close': undefined reference to `dc1394_destroy_handle'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_header': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_init'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_header': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetin'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_packet': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetin'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_packet': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_pageout'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_packet': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_flush'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_trailer': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_flush'
/usr/lib/libavformat.a(ogg.o): In function `ogg_write_trailer': undefined reference to `ogg_stream_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_init': undefined reference to `dts_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_frame'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_blocks_num'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_block'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_samples'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_blocks_num'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o): In function `dts_decode_frame': undefined reference to `dts_syncinfo'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_info_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_encode_init_vbr'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_block_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_add_tag'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_headerout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_encode_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_buffer'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_wrote'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_blockout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_bitrate_addblock'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_blockout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_analysis_wrote'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_block_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_dsp_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_encode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_info_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_info_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_headerin'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_init': undefined reference to `vorbis_block_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_pcmout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_read'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_pcmout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_frame': undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_blockin'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_info_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_close': undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_frame': undefined reference to `theora_decode_packetin'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_frame': undefined reference to `theora_decode_YUVout'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_end': undefined reference to `theora_info_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_end': undefined reference to `theora_comment_clear'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_init': undefined reference to `theora_info_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_init': undefined reference to `theora_decode_header'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(oggtheora.o): In function `Theora_decode_init': undefined reference to `theora_decode_init'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(libgsm.o): In function `libgsm_init': undefined reference to `gsm_create'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(libgsm.o): In function `libgsm_close': undefined reference to `gsm_destroy'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(libgsm.o): In function `libgsm_encode_frame': undefined reference to `gsm_encode'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.a(libgsm.o): In function `libgsm_decode_frame': undefined reference to `gsm_decode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [/home/adb/build/linux2/bin/blender] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
Last edited by JA-forreal on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

SirDude

Post by SirDude »

You need to link in extra libraries for your version of ffmpeg. See
the following post for details:
http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=vorbis

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

SirDude wrote:You need to link in extra libraries for your version of ffmpeg. See
the following post for details:
http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=vorbis
Thanks! I will try this. In any case, Blender builds fine for me now on Ubuntu even without ffmpeg support.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Well I compiled ffmpeg, linked all of the lib's and I still get the same build errors.I edited the config.py like you suggested. I guess it's no ffmpeg for me in the nightly builds.

Elby

Post by Elby »

I succeeded in compiling Blender with FFmpeg on Ubuntu by changing theses lines in config/linux2-config.py :

# enable ffmpeg  support
WITH_BF_FFMPEG = 'true'  # -DWITH_FFMPEG
BF_FFMPEG = '/usr'
BF_FFMPEG_INC = '${BF_FFMPEG}/include'
BF_FFMPEG_LIBPATH='$(BF_FFMPEG)/lib'
BF_FFMPEG_LIB = 'avformat avcodec avutil libgsm libtheora libogg libdc1394_control libdts libvorbis libvorbisenc'
The line 'BF_FFMPEG_LIB =...' contains extra libraries installed with apt.

Hope it helps.
Elby

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Thanks for posting this info. I'll install the lib's that worked in your case. Hopefully I can get ffmpeg working in my next build.

BTW, did you just use the error message to find out what lib's you needed? Or did you know what lib's you would need for ffmpeg before hand? :?:

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

Elby wrote:I succeeded in compiling Blender with FFmpeg on Ubuntu by changing theses lines in config/linux2-config.py :

# enable ffmpeg  support
WITH_BF_FFMPEG = 'true'  # -DWITH_FFMPEG
BF_FFMPEG = '/usr'
BF_FFMPEG_INC = '${BF_FFMPEG}/include'
BF_FFMPEG_LIBPATH='$(BF_FFMPEG)/lib'
BF_FFMPEG_LIB = 'avformat avcodec avutil libgsm libtheora libogg libdc1394_control libdts libvorbis libvorbisenc'
The line 'BF_FFMPEG_LIB =...' contains extra libraries installed with apt.

Hope it helps.
When I compiled FFmpeg I wasn't aware that it setup all of the needed lib's. In any case it builds ok after adding those lib links. I got a fresh FFMPEG build. Thanks a lot!