left right mouse confusion with tabletpc (and wacom i guess)

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

christiankrupa

left right mouse confusion with tabletpc (and wacom i guess)

Post by christiankrupa »

Hello, ive used blender for about 4 years in a studio environment, and i've never used it with the default 'right mouse select' - I always just changed the option to the one that matches most other software i use (i did try it for a while, but when you're working quickly, flipping between applications in a professional environment, you tend to end up making a few bad moves when going between the 'normal' left mouse select in most apps and blender, so i stuck to the changed option) Now that texture painting and sculpt mode are coming fully online, I want to use them fully and quickly, but the problem is that when you have 'left mouse select' option enabled, the pen wont work, it doesn't even recognise the rubber tip, you have to pull down the options menu and switch over to 'right mouse select' .

My question is this, is there an easy solution that can be coded into the app for this to be fixed or is there a way (say a hotkey) to flip between the two modes so that workflow is not horrendously interrupted? I would favour the first option, ie make it so that blender realises that the sculpt and texture paint modes would certainly respond better to the pen tip being recognised no matter which select mode was enabled...