Blender scenes and the desktop...

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

deepblue78

Blender scenes and the desktop...

Post by deepblue78 »

I have a question about the blend files. Basically, the blend file is the whole scene itself, right? I want to take a scene and use it as a Windows desktop background. The problem is I don't know how to do this. Is there any way to do it?

Gustav Göransson

Post by Gustav Göransson »

Huh? You mean rendering out a image (jpeg etc.) and use it as background? You can't use a .blend file which contains 3d geomerty and other stuff, directly as a windows desktop background.

Anyway these sorts of questions are better asked in a forum like www.blenderarist.org, this is a developer forum.

deepblue78

Post by deepblue78 »

Gustav Göransson wrote:Huh? You mean rendering out a image (jpeg etc.) and use it as background? You can't use a .blend file which contains 3d geomerty and other stuff, directly as a windows desktop background.

Anyway these sorts of questions are better asked in a forum like www.blenderarist.org, this is a developer forum.
What I mean is, wasn't there some type of htm or something out there that uses 3d engine stuff? I think it would be cool if I was able to make a desktop that I can interact with. The way I see it, if a screen in a window can be made (such as in the Blender's viewer), It can also be put in the desktop background. I've seen videos used as backgrounds, so I think 3d rendering can be, too. I'm just not sure how to do that.

I'll check out the developer forum in the mean time.

joeri

Post by joeri »

look for the 2.25 web plugin, build a scene, export for web. create a html page with only the plug-in. set active desktop to that html page.

2.25 and the plug-in are nolonger supported though.