Redraw problem on second monitor

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

TomasMillar

Redraw problem on second monitor

Post by TomasMillar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 pm

I have been using Blender for a few months on my laptop and it all works fine... However...

I have a second monitor permenantly plugged into my laptop that I use all the time and works on all other applications.... but when I try and enlarge the blender window onto the second monitor I get redraw problems with buttons missing...

I am running Blender on windows XP and I have an ATI mobility Radeon 9000 graphics card. I have read through the forms and the advice for this kind of problem seems to be to slow down your hardware acceleration (which I have tried but doesn't appear to help) or adjust the openGL settings (which I have also tried with no success, although there were quite a few settings and I wasn't entirely sure which ones I should be changing. Some people were suggesting turning of anti aliasing but I couldn't find that setting)

Can anyone help?

A hint might be that the redraw problem seems to stem from the switch from my smaller laptop monitor to the higher resolution second monitor - blender seems to try and redraw the window to the resolution of the old monitor leaving black areas to one side and the bottom which when you then role over tries to display hidden buttons...

Tomas

lukep

Re: Redraw problem on second monitor

Post by lukep » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:01 am

TomasMillar wrote:I have been using Blender for a few months on my laptop and it all works fine... However...

I have a second monitor permenantly plugged into my laptop that I use all the time and works on all other applications.... but when I try and enlarge the blender window onto the second monitor I get redraw problems with buttons missing...
Tomas
Dual monitor is not officially supported.

It depends of your video card and setup. On windows, it generally work if both screens are same size and plugged in same card with same renderer. But ouf of this case, it will fail

TomasMillar

Post by TomasMillar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks for that... I have actually found a sollution - to make the bigger monitor the primary one and then it seems to work fine on both.

Not completely ideal... but workable...

Tomas