Odd problem - is it a setting or a bug?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

SiathLinux

Odd problem - is it a setting or a bug?

Post by SiathLinux »

I've used Blender for many years now - slowly learning all the neat features and how to make them work for me...

I had Blender 2.43 loaded and installed working properly on Kubuntu 7.04 and then upgraded the Kubuntu to 7.10 and that inturn updated Blender to 2.45 --- I thought cool been wanting to see if anything new was in the new version...

What I found was an odd problem -

I'd select a group of verteces - and anything else I would do either move/scale/extrude caused these vertices to move (before I'd moved the mouse (selecting by "s" or "e" on keyboard) it isn't JUST that they move they move a looooong ways from were they were to the sides of the view port...

So, I thought maybe Kubuntu is the issue and as any Linux user would do - I changed Distrubutions to FC8 - SAME ISSUE ..

So, I wanted Mandriva anyway - so I installed it and again have the same issue... so it is very annoying and I can't make any models with Blender until I work this out...

If you want 'image' examples to show what I'm talking about let me know (either here or by my email addy) and I'll either put them up on deviantart and link to them or send them directly to you via email..

I hope someone can help with this issue as I've been modeling a '55 Mercedez Benz 190SL roadster and would like to finish it...
SiathLinux

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

Possibly a bug with your latest driver or the blender binary you have? Try an official blender.org binary first and see if that fixes it.

LetterRip

stiv

Post by stiv »

And turn off any eye candy and window manager features like Full Screen Anti Aliasing and the evil compiz.