Newbie Question.

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RTSchramm

Newbie Question.

Post by RTSchramm »

I am familiar with several 3D packages and I decided to try Blender. I bought the book "The Essential Blender" and I'm stuck on page 47 at the bottom of the page were it instructs the reader to RMB on one of the icospheres to select it. When I do this, ALL of the icospheres get selected along with the one that I need to manipulate. I re-read up to page 47 and I don't think that I'm missing anything, so what am I'm missing here. Up to this point the book has been excellent and to the point with zero fluff which I like very much.

I been reading the documentation, but I still don't understand why when I select one object ALL of them are selected at the same time.

Thanks,

Rich

Six Ways

Post by Six Ways »

I haven't read the book myself, but my guess would be that you've added new spheres while still in edit mode within the first sphere - thus the spheres have been added to the current object, NOT as new objects. If that's the case, go into edit mode, press P and press 'All loose parts' to separate all parts that aren't connected into separate objects.

RTSchramm

That worked!

Post by RTSchramm »

Thanks for the info. I seems that the author of the book left that out. Up until that point the book has been excellent.

Rich

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

There is an errata page at wiki.blender.org you might check that ...

LetterRip