Interface descrepencies between tutorials and my screen

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Faecnady

Interface descrepencies between tutorials and my screen

Post by Faecnady »

I'm new to Blender and so I decided to do several of the tutorials before doing some of my own stuff, I did the snowman and completed it, next I tried to do the modeling a vase one and in the second step it has you hit 'e' to bring up a menu and it does but on my interface the menu only displays extrudsions for "only edges" and "only vertices" and the tutorial wants me to select region. Where are the rest of my options?

kaeru

Post by kaeru »

You need to have at least one face selected to have these option available ...

Question like this are better asked at http://blenderartists.org , you'll have more answer , quicker .

Peace :) .

Faecnady

Post by Faecnady »

I did have what I was suppose to have selected. So without the region option showing up I used the edges one and it looks like I have the same effect that was intended, so I went onto the next step that wanted me to find the mesh panel and hit the subsurf button but that button does not exist on the mesh panel I have nor can I find it anywhere else. Now I remember reading that Blender was recently updated so maybe that's why I'm having trouble finding stuff the tutorials are written before this last version. I'll keep fumbling through thanks for the link maybe it can help some.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Subsurf is now a modifier.

/Nathan