Feature Requests - A particle system enhancements and others

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

FuzzCube

Feature Requests - A particle system enhancements and others

Post by FuzzCube »

ok this is my first post here so...

I'd apprecate any feedback anyone can give...

And thank you ahead of time for taking the time to read this...

1. ability to use the unwrapped uv map texture as the texture for fur and hair and such.

(not sure exactly how the hair strands work but if they are real polys during render then I may have an easy idea of how to implement this...
If someone can give me an answer i have a "mock up" mesh hair with special uv unwrap )

2. currently we have a modifier stack but what would be more effecient would be a modifier tree something like the compositor uses that way we can create a modifier and "link it to multiple objects which we want to have the same settings and this would give us the ability to turn on or off the mod for all objects on the "modifier" or turn them off indivuadially on the object...

3. for particles there should be the ability to use multiple vert groups and multiple materials...in other words generally if one were to have a mesh with say four different materials assigned each a different color, then on render the result would be 4 different colors of hair/fur...this is needed as well as the uv unwrap as to currently to multiple fur colors effeciently (as in with less wierd artifacts and such) it requires a copy of each mesh with the vert group set to the area desired to be colored and a different material used on each mesh... i had to use 7 meshes for 7 fur colors to get a somewhat desirable result...and it is basically unnessary as this should be able to be done with one mesh (the original)

4. able to use vert paint for fur colors

5. I read something about a mesh deform modifier for a future blender build and i thought what about a fur/hair/particle deform modifier also? this would be alot easier than working with 20 dozen curve deflection modifiers

FuzzCube

Update

Post by FuzzCube »

:!: I downloaded 2.46rc1 and uv unwrap for particles works now, so please disregaurd no. 1.

Other stuff for possible integration...

6. shift and ctrl key + scroll wheel up/down should work the same in uv mode and others just as they do in 3d mode (I always use these in there by accident anyway so....)

7. uv paint to to image conversion via unwrap and viceversa this would be nice for large uv maps where it is hard to find exactly where each vertex is when you are working in external image editor and plus give an easier start too...

8. uv paint via uv mode... (In uv unwrap editor)

.....If anyone has any feedback please post reply I'd like to hear what you think