About the openGL config.

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

About the openGL config.

Post by 19021988 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi there! Im new here. I have a problem with Blender's UI.

This is an image:

And this is an image of my openGL configuration (sp):

I dont know if my problem is about the openGl config, because when I change my 32 Bit screen config to 16 Bit the problem is fixed. But Blender run too slow and when I config to 32Bit Blender run perfect but problem is again there.

What can I do to fix this, Its a openGL problem? Its a Blender config problem? Please help me!

Here I post my PC's specifications
- Win Vista 32Bit Premium
- Blender 2.45
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz
- 2Gb RAM
- 256 Mb Intel Graphic Card

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:08 am

windows vista is know to have pour support for openGL. since blenders interface is diplayed using openGL, this creates problems.

Try turning off all the eye candy in vista (aero), maybe try the win2k/classic theme (i don't know how they call it these days)

good luck

greets pin

Thanks

Post by 19021988 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks bro, but I hate the clasic windows theme, and just one more question, this can be fixed with a graphic card I mean I could have the Areo with blender running properly at the same time?

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:11 am

you'd have to ask other vista users.

when I got my quad core, i tried vista for like 1 hour and then replaced it by some linux version. (had planed that from the start)

greets pin

ps. if its blending with the windows classic theme or no blending with the Aero theme, I would know what to choose. win2k was by far the best windows experience I have ever had stability-wise (never tried XP, with the activation of your copy they lost me as a client)

NielsBlender

Re: Thanks

Post by NielsBlender » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:05 pm

19021988 wrote:just one more question, this can be fixed with a graphic card I mean I could have the Areo with blender running properly at the same time?
I run Vista on a quad, I did my usual Windows-actions when I got it -> to turn-off everything and go as 'mean and lean' as possible, after awhile I even turned on the vista-theme and everything still works fine, this to say I use an NVidia-card(1600x1200x32), a separate card not an onboard-version... I have no idea what you or Microsoft exactly mean with 'Aero' though... :)

NielsBlender

Post by NielsBlender » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Just came to mind:
If it works in 16-bits and not in 32-bits mode, and you do have an onboard-VGA;
You could try to raise the amount of memory used by the onboard-card.
I have no experience with these onboard-VGA-cards but I suspect the settings can be found in the BIOS.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:53 am

NielsBlender wrote:I have no idea what you or Microsoft exactly mean with 'Aero' though
Aero is the (compositing) window manager of Windows.

/Nathan

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:56 am

19021988 wrote:Thanks bro, but I hate the clasic windows theme, and just one more question, this can be fixed with a graphic card I mean I could have the Areo with blender running properly at the same time?
Too bad you don't like the classic theme. It shouldn't stop you from going back to it - Aero and the flashy visual effects tend to generate problems on certain hw configurations, be it due to graphics card drivers, or the graphics cards themselves.

There really isn't currently any other way to fix it than to turn every bit of useless visual effect off. You might be able to run Blender properly with Aero enabled with a better graphics card, though, but as it currently is, there is not really a database on supported cards.

/Nathan