CAD

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Arathorn

Post by Arathorn »

Speaking of wich, how's that project going?

Al-Capone

Post by Al-Capone »

The hell if I know, I would like to have some updates myself.

Arathorn

Post by Arathorn »

I've been searching on Blender.it a bit, and I found this thread:
http://www.blender.it/modules.php?op=mo ... 66&forum=4
it makes no sense to me, because unfortunately I don't speak Italian, but here is a (though crappy online) translation:

Hello, Manuel and all the others of the plan I wanted to only have some info on blender cad, is going ahead? release date? when me the dates? Www profile Modification Citation jody Recorded from: 18-10-2002 Da:Brenna (Como) Messages: 270 OFF-Line Inserted 24-02-2004 to hours 18:08 Then we make the point of the situation: BlenderCAD has endured a delay in the release of the version pre-alpha2 which did not have to problems in the programming but to the material time mine and of Manuel, that we would have had to assemble the material and to clean up the code. Hour the job behind the scenes of blender.it is largest and this, above all in this is made begins them can provoke delays of this type. I wanted but to confirm that thanks also to the splendid job of Jsalvo, a lot soon we will have the releaif. Stay Tunand. Jody Www profile Modification Citation ingoenius Recorded from: 17-10-2002 Da:parigi Messages : 59 ON-Line Inserted 25-02-2004 to hours 13:34 this é a beautifulst news, unfortunately is too much insufficient in python for being able to you to help now, but the faro' gladly not as soon as the realese and "template" for the primitive exits of which it had pointed out to me manuel, if these are still of the present time Good CIAo andvoro! -- www Profile Modification Citation jody Recorded dto: 18-10-2002 Da:Brenna (Como) Messaggi: 270 OFF-Line Inserted 25-02-2004 to hours 13:39 -- Sure that is of the present time Jody --- www Profile Modification Manuel Citation Recorded from: 01-08-2003 Puttingggi: 337 OFF-Line Inserted 25-02-2004 to hours 13:40--- As soon as arranged a pair of cosette on blender.it we will complete the pre-alpha. BlenderCAD e' a progettone, would serve us some person in piu'...

jody

Post by jody »

Fist of all I'am sorry for my poor english.

We are late in the release of blenderCAD pre-alpha2 due to other project that we are completing.
We hope to release blenderCAd pre-alpha2 in 3 or 4 weeks.

If you have any other question plese post.

Jody

Al-Capone

Post by Al-Capone »

What other projects are there ?

walrus

Post by walrus »

This is my first post and I hope this adds to the fruitful discussion here.

I've tested quite a number of CAD software and the easiest I ever used so far features the use of a workplane that may be moved to specific surfaces where editing is needed. There is also the feature where after invoking a command on a profile (as in the case of extrusions or sweeps) the image is updated in real time with 'handles' and when necessary, data fields are available for inputs. The right-click context menu further makes designing intuitive and at the same time accurate.

I would like show some images but I still need advice on how to do this things here. I find this a real significant project - bridging the best of the 3D world - animation and 3D-CAD.

awalker

Post by awalker »

abeburnett

Update on the Blender/CAD subproject?

Post by abeburnett »

Hi there, I noticed that there hasn't been an update to this Topic in a long time, and I noticed that there hasn't been an update to the Blender/CAD subproject in a long time, and there appears to be little/no activity to that project. Does anyone know if CAD-type features are still being worked on for addition to Blender?

Thanks! Abe

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

The coders who were doing BlenderCAD are primarily the same coders who are doing Makehuman. I thik that for the time being that BlenderCAD has been stopped (for quite some time now...).

LetterRip

Arathorn

Post by Arathorn »

Last time I checked, the project was mothballed. But if you want to use an open source CAD program you can try out BRL CAD, although atm only on Linux and Irix.

Iwont_Tell

Oh no!

Post by Iwont_Tell »

Mothballed? I was reading this thread and was thinking to myself: cooool... and then I got this far. :( Hopefully, development will be restarted!

Iwont_Tell

CAD

Post by Iwont_Tell »

Arathorn wrote:Last time I checked, the project was mothballed. But if you want to use an open source CAD program you can try out BRL CAD, although atm only on Linux and Irix.
Mothballed? I was reading this thread and was thinking to myself: cooool... and then I got this far. :( Hopefully, development will be restarted!

teachtech

Post by teachtech »

I fell what you're saying about 3D and Cad Walrus.

Check out my site at our school to see what we're doing:

http://www.cdschools.org/54223045235521 ... efault.asp

I like to think we have the perfect "blend" of software :D [/quote]