A UV layers / texture baking bug

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

modron

A UV layers / texture baking bug

Post by modron » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 pm

This seems to be a huge bug, but I hesitate to say, since I have never actually used UV layers up until now. I thought I could use UV layers to paint a seamless UV texture, so I made a crude head to test it, and gave it two sets of coords. I painted a texture on the one set, then baked it onto the new set. The parts that were previously on seams were now in the middle of the UV islands, so I assumed it had worked, until after painting over the areas that were previously the seams a bit, I checked the new tex with the new coords, in textured draw mode, and everything was backwards. the face was on the back of the head, and the baked texture was kind of shoved over to one side, leaving patches of background color overlapping the seam. I repeated the test and got almost the exact same results. It was the same when rendered too. The backwardness, and the pinched edges and everything. If someone could please verify that this is a bug, and report this thread to the bug tracker, I would appreciate it, since I have lost my password.
(edit) this is using the current official release of BF blender, 2.46

modron

Post by modron » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 pm

I tested it on a third mesh, expecting it to do the same thing as the first two, only this time it worked perfectly, but I have no idea what is different about the third try and the first two. I will try to figure out what causes it to occur. I left a thread at elysiun with a couple of screen shots. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... ost1187911