Blender viewport background image issues

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

TheOriginal

Blender viewport background image issues

Post by TheOriginal »

Blender for me has always been a frustration.
I am trying to perform the simplest of tasks in order to learn the program. When I finally get to placing the image on the viewport, the image is displayed in all the viewports. When I change one it changes all of them.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Fire Angel

Post by Fire Angel »

I'm puzzled by this because I use background images for modelling, and I use a side view in one port, a front view in another etc. How are you adding the image to the view?

TheOriginal

Post by TheOriginal »

Double post sorry!
Last edited by TheOriginal on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOriginal

Post by TheOriginal »

I click View -> background image -> use background image -> load, and find my picture. Once I've found it I right click it (which highlights it in blue) then click the select image button. I think I've just figured it out, I tried left clicking then clicking the select image button and the image appeared on my view port. Well it didn't work, I got it on the screen but it still in each viewport.

Could it have something to do with my video card and OS? I have a direct x 10 video card, and windows Vista.

Fire Angel

Post by Fire Angel »

If you call up the "view properties" panel in each window, you should be able to select a separate image for each of your windows. Once you have one loaded in the window you want it in, open up the same panel in another window. Beside the filename, just to the left of it, there's a tiny folder icon; click that and it will allow you to load another image for that window.

TheOriginal

Post by TheOriginal »

I tried that but nothing different happened! I'm at wits end. What do you mean by "window"?