Crashing...all the bloody time!

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jakeslack27

Crashing...all the bloody time!

Post by jakeslack27 »

Hello,

I've been using Blender for only the past couple of weeks and really liking what I can achieve. The only problem is that it will completely crash every so often, Blender ends and I have to restart all over again.

At first it only seemed to crash when I went into edit mode so I just ignored it. I modelled an environment in 3ds Max and imported it into Blender (file size is 27MB). However, if I rotate quickly or start doing anything that requires a little work it crashes and shuts down as before, it's a brand new comp so this shouldn't be happening right!?

Specs:

Vista premium 64bit
Quad 2.66
4GB Mem
ATI 4870
Blender 2.48a 32bit (I tried the 64bit version of Blender but it could never locate python and has exactly the same problems)

Any help would be greatly appreciated (as i'm slowly going insane), Jake.

jakeslack27

Post by jakeslack27 »

Ok so I went into my Event viewer and discovere that the error was being generated by the atioglxx.dll file so I guessed that it's a problem related to my graphics card. Downloaded the file and stuck it in the blender directory, system doesn't crash anymore! only problem is Blender now runs so slow! if the dll isn't there I have a very quick working envornment but it crashes. If the file is there I solve the crashing problem but it is incredibly slow.

Any ideas?

Master Letch

Post by Master Letch »

hey

I think I've experienced this with my asus 3450, and I still havent really solved it. but i've found if you turn off alot of the extra graphic options and reinstall opengl, things run alot smoother
M. Letch

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Did you make sure you have the very latest drivers installed? For me my ATi HD 2600 pro, HD 2100 and 200M express machines work fine with the latest drivers.

/Nathan