Set Smooth and Set Solid Buttons

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

IqAndreas

Set Smooth and Set Solid Buttons

Post by IqAndreas »

Just wondering, why are the "Set Smooth" and "Set Solid" buttons not permanent? (Like if you click the "Set Smooth" button, it stays down until you either click the button again, or click the "Set Solid" button)

Is there a good reason for that? Shouldn't it be easier for the artist to see if the mesh is set to smooth or solid rendering?

Jas. Hook

Post by Jas. Hook »

The buttons are permanent, and if you view in object mode, not edit, then you can see the clear difference between smooth and solid. It is default for solid, but if you set smooth, you can see in object mode how it changes.
-King Jas.

IqAndreas

Post by IqAndreas »

I mean the actual buttons don't stay pressed down to show that the mesh is set to smooth or solid.

Is there any reason for this, or is it just a small bug?

kAinStein

Post by kAinStein »

IqAndreas wrote:Is there any reason for this, or is it just a small bug?
Well, the buttons don't only work on objects but also on single faces. What if you have smooth and solid faces selected at the same time? Select both buttons? Or none? Only toggle the button for the active face? I mean: You've got your feedback on it directly on your mesh - so why have it also on a button?

IqAndreas

Post by IqAndreas »

kAinStein wrote:Well, the buttons don't only work on objects but also on single faces.
Ah. Great. That answers my question.

Many thanks,
Andreas