About feature requests

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

matt_e

About feature requests

Post by matt_e » Tue May 20, 2003 3:08 am

A Functionality Board has been set up to discuss Blender's functionality from a user's perspective and how it can be changed and improved. The Functionality Board is a bit like the next stage after a feature request, aiming to discuss the details of how it would work, creating mockups and informative proposals for willing coders to work with. For more info, read the initial announcement, or visit the project info page.

If you'd like to get involved, please sign up to the bf-funboard mailing list.

Cheers
Last edited by matt_e on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:17 am

... don't know if this should be done...

It has been suggested (by other than I) that to aide in the implementation new features a mock-up or example image could help us (coders and others) to understand what is meant by your idea.

It would even be helpful if for a suggestion similar to "We need featureXYZ from app FooBaR" if you could explain (and show us) featureXYZ.

We (all, coders and others) are not always familiar with the meaning of the requests, a good explination would be very helpful.

(... I will contribute to the source sometime in the future, but have not yet)

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Post by Michel » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:03 pm

Broken,

I think this topic should be updated to point to the new Functionality Board pages. Just an idea.

With regards,
Michel

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:49 pm

Oh, only just noticed this! I'd forgotten about this topic :oops:. It's a great idea Michel, I'll edit it now.

levon

Post by levon » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:50 am

when will the tracker be working again?

theeth

Post by theeth » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:34 pm

I don't know if the trackers are back online, so I'll just put this here.

The Pin button for the IPO window is great. Would it be possible to have one for the Button window too? That way you could Pin all info there (Material, Texture, Lamp, Edit section). It would make it easier to edit the materials of many objects by splitting different button window and pinning them to different objects.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

malefico

Post by malefico » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:07 pm

Hi, currently the only feature-request tracker available is the one at Tuhopuu (which seems to be rather dead anyway).
The feature-request tracker at bf-blender exits with "Permission Denied".

So, here is my feature request:

Scanning a large bone list to hide a bone is quite exhausting. Why not hide a bone by simply selecting it and pressing "H" (even in Pose Mode if possible!)

Cheers.

malefico

Post by malefico » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:08 pm

Hi, currently the only feature-request tracker available is the one at Tuhopuu (which seems to be rather dead anyway).
The feature-request tracker at bf-blender exits with "Permission Denied".

So, here is my feature request:

Scanning a large bone list to hide a bone is quite exhausting. Why not hide a bone by simply selecting it and pressing "H" (even in Pose Mode if possible!)

Cheers.

Apollux

Post by Apollux » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:07 am

Another quick feature request. Could somebody add the command to ¨Make Duplis Real Shift-Ctrl-A¨ into the space-bar menu? (I guess it would go into the ¨Object¨ menu).

I usually forget the hotkey for this.. since I'm used to use Alt-C for all my convertion needs.

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:34 pm

Good idea Apllolux! Generally lots features are missing from the (great) menus. They will only be really useful though once all the features are in there, and it will be much more usable, consistant and cool when there is menus in all the windows. I hope the menus will be updated with all the features plus menus in all windows for the 2.32 release.

Features like Mirror (editmode - mkey), Playback animation in all windows (shift alt a), Set camera (Ctrl numpad0), Join keyframes (IPO window - jkey), Snap (also IPO window - shift s), Align view (great featutre by the way - shift v) and quite a few others are not in the menus. I think and hope they were just forgotten when the menus were implemented. I think the policy is to include ALL options in the menus so you wont have to have a massive book by your desktop with hotkey shortcuts. At least I hope it is, because I know many people who would invest alot of time in learning Blender if the features were at least there for you to see. I showed some of them Blender 2.25 and they lost interest when they heard you had to remember most of the commands by hotkey only. One thing is an untraditional workflow, but another is hiding the features away.

The user base will expand dramaticly when the menus/toolbox are finally finished with all features in all windows.

Don't get me wrong I love Blender, but I also know what potential it has. Just a fairly small thing like finishing the menus will make Blender ready to conquer the 3D market.

Apollux

Post by Apollux » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:58 pm

Apollux wrote:Another quick feature request. Could somebody add the command to ¨Make Duplis Real Shift-Ctrl-A¨ into the space-bar menu? (I guess it would go into the ¨Object¨ menu).

I usually forget the hotkey for this.. since I'm used to use Alt-C for all my convertion needs.
As an afterthough.. perhaps the ¨Make Duplis Real¨ option would fit better on the ¨Mesh¨ menu on the 3D Windows :D

levon

Post by levon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:36 am

another feature request;

in edit mode, when you have propotional editing(O) on, restricting the axis doesnt work (middle mouse button)

theeth

Post by theeth » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:53 am

levon wrote:another feature request;

in edit mode, when you have propotional editing(O) on, restricting the axis doesnt work (middle mouse button)
It works for grab. I'll try to fix the others.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

O.L.A.F

Post by O.L.A.F » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:37 pm

a little feature request from me too, don´t know if that is easy to code:

We have the choice of RGB and HSV Buttons for Material/Texturecolor.
Is it possible to add an HSV Button option for the Colorband(Texturewindow) too? For me it´s just easier to setup colors with the HSV Buttons...

Bye, Olaf.

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:49 am

Argh! Just to stop this from getting out of hand, this sticky topic is not meant as a place to post feature requests. We already have this facility in the feature requests tracker which is what this topic is supposed to direct people to. Please use it ;)

Cheers